Nutts Corner track day

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I think they are a bit detuned aswell, I remember the Ferrari 458 I was in had the either the speedo or rev counter disconnected and there was various wires hanging about in the passenger footwell, it seemed to change up each time you wanted to put it in the higher revs. I suppose they do get some numptys turning up at it so have to take some precautions.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I did it too and it’s an “experience”, not a track day. As others have said, they make you change up early and not rev it out. Was a big disappointment in the 911 GT3 when part of the experience is the noise up the rev range. There were people there who literally were at crawling speed - frustrating when you get stuck behind them and have to wait to pass. The queue for the r35 skyline was mad when I was there so I changed into whatever had the shortest queue. It was a Ferrari convertible of some sort. That instructor was an older gent and he was much happier to let me push on a bit and hold the revs. We paid extra to put the kids in the atom “race” and they had a ball. In summary, laps are short, driving is held back and you could queue for ages if you really wanted certain cars.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
We’ve been now with the FIL, wife’s stepdad and have booked my dad as a birthday gift in for June. Agree with all of the above but told dad that it’s just a drive in a super car and he’s happy with that. He’s driving the McLaren and the 911 gt3 r/s so definitely something that he hasn’t done before.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Not the supercars, but I've also booked another voucher for a "Tactical Helicopter Lesson" in Newtownards.
Hope its not rubbish.
1711108045060.png

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Not the supercars, but I've also booked another voucher for a "Tactical Helicopter Lesson" in Newtownards.
Hope its not rubbish.
View attachment 428719

If that's your type of thing, there's also Kernan aviation in Tandragee that takes you up in a small 2 seater plane for an hour or so. It was well priced and good craic the time I went, even got to steer the plane for a bit.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Flight school is a brilliant experience, I started doing my pilots licence as soon I had done it once. First time I flew a plane I couldn’t believe how mechanical it felt.

If you get the bug, be warned it’s a really tedious task getting your licence, particularly if you don’t like studying books, which I don’t 😂 worth it though!