Ooops just realised I’ve been driving without tax for 5 months - not received any reminder?

LASMITH

Accidentally missed car tax renewal as been staying with my daughter for extended periods in the last 6 months & car to be fair was not on the road . Not received any reminders and no notification re detection from a camera ? Taxed car today but worried about fines what can I expect 😟

LASMITH

OP
L
Why have I not received any reminders ? and did drive on the motorway in beginning of December 23 why have I not had a letter or fine ? Did they miss me ?

KevM

RMS Regular
Camera's are irrelevant

If you havent had a reminder, you possibly arent even on as the registered keeper. lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Surely you taxed it from it ran out, as in, backdated the tax. At which point nothing will happen.

From first hand experience, the police care nothing for stuff that's a a handful of months out of date. They only care about insurance.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Surely you taxed it from it ran out, as in, backdated the tax. At which point nothing will happen.

From first hand experience, the police care nothing for stuff that's a a handful of months out of date. They only care about insurance.
Police do nothing about Tax, they have no powers or FPNs for it