Ordered new car,finance deal changed in my favour,dealer trying to change contribution

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
hi everyone,ordered a new car on December and the finance contribution stayed the same but the Apr went down.The sales guy told me he would contact me in the new year.He didn't bother so I contacted him.He told me that the contribution changed its not as much and the Apr is lower.He said he would contact me with the details wat the payment would be.He didn't bother so I made a point in contacting him and he said to call on Monday and he will have it.Am I right in saying he's in breach of contract for trying to fiddle the figures?(that's of course if the contribution and my px figures don't tally to the agreement we signed)The only thing that has changed is the Apr not the contribution.Its the same.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
If you signed an agreement then it has to stick as far as I know

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
if a dealer wasn't returning calls on time over a few chances, i'd be walking away !
Well to be honest I was starting to get a bit annoyed.Was beginning to think if he wants to play with fire I will go over his head which I would do easily.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
If you signed an agreement then it has to stick as far as I know
Thanks,that's wat I thought.I will wait and see wat he produces and if it doesn't tally up I will nail him and try get more freebies as an apology for trying to rob me

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I have zero time for poor service, especially when it is a commission based job, they should be bending backwards for you
Exactly,I totally agree with you.I only bought from that place because they where giving me a smashing deal.One thing that bugged me was never even got a receipt saying I paid a deposit.I just have the piece of paper from the card terminal.a bit lousy I thought.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Exactly,I totally agree with you.I only bought from that place because they where giving me a smashing deal.One thing that bugged me was never even got a receipt saying I paid a deposit.I just have the piece of paper from the card terminal.a bit lousy I thought.

Did u not get a copy of order or copy of finance agreement?? Also with fca now you should get a receipt. My customers get 3 different types lol

Card machine print out
Automated printout from our system
Handwritten receipt from carbon copy with mine and customers signature

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I have only the finance quote that was done when they done the credit check.and the copy of the order agreement with my car value.Yeah bavarian always gave me a written receipt.im going to give him a mouthful on Monday.not amused

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Did u not get a copy of order or copy of finance agreement?? Also with fca now you should get a receipt. My customers get 3 different types lol

Card machine print out
Automated printout from our system
Handwritten receipt from carbon copy with mine and customers signature
Was doing a bit of reading,I haven't even got any info on the terms and conditions.All i have is my card machine print out and the specification order and the finance quote.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Did you sign an agreement or simply just pay a deposit? That's terrible customer service!

If you have just paid a deposit as such but not actually signed a full contract it might not make it binding? As a quote is just terms in principle I believe? Shocking way to treat someone buying a new BMW

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Did you sign an agreement or simply just pay a deposit? That's terrible customer service!

If you have just paid a deposit as such but not actually signed a full contract it might not make it binding? As a quote is just terms in principle I believe? Shocking way to treat someone buying a new BMW
Customer service doesn't get any better after you buy a BMW.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Well I kind of have to disagree,bavarian have been dead on with me.specially the sales guy I dealt with when I bought the 330 I currently own.When there was faults he tried to help out and when my car was damaged when I left it in the service manager looked after me.I know people have had horror stories I can only speak for myself like

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i

I signed a new vehicle contract,paid a deposit and have the finance quotation with all the info of the px,the finance contribution my deposit.And that's it.For my current car I have pages upon pages of paperwork.The hilarious part is the new vehicle contract doesn't even have the sales guys name on it.Some woman I haven't even met!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Well I kind of have to disagree,bavarian have been dead on with me.specially the sales guy I dealt with when I bought the 330 I currently own.When there was faults he tried to help out and when my car was damaged when I left it in the service manager looked after me.I know people have had horror stories I can only speak for myself like
Ah the dealers were grand with me, especially Bavarian, BMW themselves weren't.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
JKC have been excellent to deal with, from test driving, to ordering, to rectifying some minor issues when the car was approx 1 year old.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
JKC have been excellent to deal with, from test driving, to ordering, to rectifying some minor issues when the car was approx 1 year old.
My aunt bought x3 from them and was pretty pleased with them,my uncle bought a 7series of them the other week.One of the dealers said my genuine bmw winter wheels where after market wheels.i told him are your eyes painted it on.he panicked and had to apologise for his negligence.

KevM

RMS Regular
I assume the guy proposed the deal & got you accepted before he placed the order? If you are accepted on the quoted figures, it should shill stand ok. if he hasn't prop'd your details, he's silly, he may have lost the finance offer he quoted

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I assume the guy proposed the deal & got you accepted before he placed the order? If you are accepted on the quoted figures, it should shill stand ok. if he hasn't prop'd your details, he's silly, he may have lost the finance offer he quoted
Oh aye the finance has been accepted but the Apr changed from 4.9% to 3.9% so I'm trying to find out wats it's actually going to be now.The deal has changed in my favour so legally he has to supply me the new quote.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
You sure one isn't APR and the other note rate ? Most agreements have two different rates on them. As for the ladies name on the agreement, a sales mans name wont appear on it as they close the sale and then the girls upstairs or the financial advisor prepare the agreement.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
You sure one isn't APR and the other note rate ? Most agreements have two different rates on them. As for the ladies name on the agreement, a sales mans name wont appear on it as they close the sale and then the girls upstairs or the financial advisor prepare the agreement.
Nope definately not.i have all the paperwork from the 330 and wat i was quoted I paid cause the deal didn't change when the new quarter started.From October to December the finance deal was £1500 contribution from BMW finance and 4.9% Apr I ordered on 28/12/16 on 1/1/17 the contribution stayed at £1500 but the Apr changed to 3.9% so that means my payments go down.if the contribution changed against me then my deal stays at wat I was quoted.well the sales guys name not being on the contract is a strange one.Cause the cars I was offered from bavarian the sales guy name is on it.no mention of a finance person,I checked my emails and I have vehicle quotes prior to me agreeing saying the sales guys name on it.I checked the contract and it says sales contact and it a woman's name.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Nope definately not.i have all the paperwork from the 330 and wat i was quoted I paid cause the deal didn't change when the new quarter started.From October to December the finance deal was £1500 contribution from BMW finance and 4.9% Apr I ordered on 28/12/16 on 1/1/17 the contribution stayed at £1500 but the Apr changed to 3.9% so that means my payments go down.if the contribution changed against me then my deal stays at wat I was quoted.well the sales guys name not being on the contract is a strange one.Cause the cars I was offered from bavarian the sales guy name is on it.no mention of a finance person,I checked my emails and I have vehicle quotes prior to me agreeing saying the sales guys name on it.I checked the contract and it says sales contact and it a woman's name.

Can I ask th question simply as devils advocate, what if the Apr had went up? Which it can do....
I bet you wouldn't be wanting a change then lol

That is why with most dealers once you sign that is the deal you get. Saves any messing also it is quite a long process the invoicing and writing the figures etc

Marc

RMS Moderator
I think I seen on one of the other forums that the APR is down, but the gfv they are offering on the new APR is lower leading to the same monthlys, also seen they are giving the dealer less deposit contribution.

So I think you will have the same payments either way.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Here is the post from the dealer detailing it.

The Q1 offer is basically £250 less support than in Q4 however the APR has dropped to 3.9% (along with a lowering of all the GFV residual values)
We don't have the finance portal up and running yet so I am waiting to see if the change has had any effect. It will depend how much they have lowered the GFV by as to whether losing some of that plus £250 support has been outweighed by a 1% lower APR.
And of course the £330 price increase kicks in for January too.... ouch!
I will let everyone know once its up and running.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Here is the post from the dealer detailing it.

The Q1 offer is basically £250 less support than in Q4 however the APR has dropped to 3.9% (along with a lowering of all the GFV residual values)
We don't have the finance portal up and running yet so I am waiting to see if the change has had any effect. It will depend how much they have lowered the GFV by as to whether losing some of that plus £250 support has been outweighed by a 1% lower APR.
And of course the £330 price increase kicks in for January too.... ouch!
I will let everyone know once its up and running.
I was told about the £330 cause the car was built after January,it includes online entertainment.but I got most of that money discounted :grinning: yeah the gfv is down something like £200 when I checked online.if you go to coast2coast the discount overall stayed the same.

Can I ask th question simply as devils advocate, what if the Apr had went up? Which it can do....
I bet you wouldn't be wanting a change then lol

That is why with most dealers once you sign that is the deal you get. Saves any messing also it is quite a long process the invoicing and writing the figures etc
Oh I know wat your saying,it was actually the sales guy that said to me,the deal could change in your favour.i will phone you and tell you.He didn't bother.I found out from the guys on the owners forum on facebook.The only thing I signed was the vehicle order contract.didnt sign anything else.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.