Ordered new car,finance deal changed in my favour,dealer trying to change contribution

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KevM

RMS Regular
Oh aye the finance has been accepted but the Apr changed from 4.9% to 3.9% so I'm trying to find out wats it's actually going to be now.The deal has changed in my favour so legally he has to supply me the new quote.

Sounds like you've done a deal at 4.9, & ordered a car on that basis, but now the deal has changed, you are the one trying to undo a done deal....?

Poor salesman, I feel his pain

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Sounds like you've done a deal at 4.9, & ordered a car on that basis, but now the deal has changed, you are the one trying to undo a done deal....?

Poor salesman, I feel his pain
No im not trying to undo the deal,he said if it changed in my favour which it did I'm entitled to it.He told me that payment will go down but the deposit from bmw was different and its not.so I wanna c the figures he trying to offer now.But to set the record straight he was meant to contact me numerous times and he did not bother.i find that a bit lazy and unprofessional.So I ain't done nothing wrong.I haven't even received a receipt to prove I paid a deposit on a new car!so I think your getting your wires crossed.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
So you signed the order, paid a deposit and now you're looking to change the deal?

To be fair, if it had of went up and they kept it at what you agreed then I doubt you would be complaining.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
So you signed the order, paid a deposit and now you're looking to change the deal?

To be fair, if it had of went up and they kept it at what you agreed then I doubt you would be complaining.
I signed the order.not trying to change the deal.The sales guy told me I will contact you when I find out wat the deal is for the next quarter.He said if it got worse you get wat you agreed,if it got better you will get it.He didn't bother to ring me.So I phoned him on Thursday.He said yes the Apr has changed I will get you the new figures.You will be saving a few quid but the contribution isn't as much.I thought ok.So I phoned him on sat and he said ring me on Monday and I will have the figures for you.I haven't done anything wrong,I'm the one who has been waiting to receive the call numerous times and I'm getting told to ring him.Ive ordered many cars from other dealers and never had this carry on.
Kevm I don't know y you feel sorry for him.Hes not doing wat He said he would do is he?Im only chasing up to find out wat the difference is.Im not undoing anything.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Id call and ask to speak with someone higher up and kick up about it tbh
You shouldnt have to be calling him to get the information. When he gets it he calls you and if he doesnt have it he still calls you to appologise and tell you when he will have the information.
Its basic customer service.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
You shouldnt have to be calling him to get the information. When he gets it he calls you and if he doesnt have it he still calls you to appologise and tell you when he will have the information.

Good advice. Call and speak with business manager.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Thank you,at least you understand wat Im saying.Thats it I don't have the time to chase people.Cause I know he will be quick wanting to get a glowing reference wen ever I get the car.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Business manager and sales manager are two different people. But I understand names could be misleading.

Also folks please never underestimate how in sales things can come up and with the best intentions in the world phone calls can slip from 'I'll ring them at lunch' to next day or day after. Chap may be off ill or has been stuck away training.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Business manager and sales manager are two different people. But I understand names could be misleading.

Also folks please never underestimate how in sales things can come up and with the best intentions in the world phone calls can slip from 'I'll ring them at lunch' to next day or day after. Chap may be off ill or has been stuck away training.

He was already supposed to phone him several times and didnt and when he called the guy was in.
Im sure he can get 2 minutes to phone a customer that is buying a car and if not its not hard to pass it onto someone else that can do so.

The first thing that is beaten into you in sales/customer service is if you tell a customer you will call them back, you call them back no matter what even if its to say im busy will call you tomorrow etc

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Why do people take their jobs so seriously that they will defend completely random men who do the same job when he is clearly not performing as he should, and try make the OP look like a cnut when we can all see exactly what his problem is.

Unless its an amazing deal I couldnt get anywhere else id have thrown the head up by now, and I doubt his manager would be too pleased he isnt returning customers calls and the customer is having to chase him.

KevM

RMS Regular
You're being quite hard on him in fairness. The customer/salesperson relationship is a 2 way thing remember.

You say the deal you agreed to, finished the end of December & you bought before that. Now the deal has changed for Jan orders, you are busting his balls to renegotiate a done deal.

That's not very honourable, is it?

If you think his manager doesn't know about your case, you are mistaken. I'm surprised your ears haven't been burning from you made the first phone-call.

They obviously want to sell you the car as they are attempting to be flexible despite being caught between a rock and a hard-place. But technically, they could stick by their guns & land YOU in court for breach of contract, but that's not very 'pleasant' either.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
You're being quite hard on him in fairness. The customer/salesperson relationship is a 2 way thing remember.

You say the deal you agreed to, finished the end of December & you bought before that. Now the deal has changed for Jan orders, you are busting his balls to renegotiate a done deal.

That's not very honourable, is it?

If you think his manager doesn't know about your case, you are mistaken. I'm surprised your ears haven't been burning from you made the first phone-call.

They obviously want to sell you the car as they are attempting to be flexible despite being caught between a rock and a hard-place. But technically, they could stick by their guns & land YOU in court for breach of contract, but that's not very 'pleasant' either.

Are we reading the same thread or what? They told him the terms might change and if they do change in his favour he will be entitled to it, he is ringing to try and find out what is going on and what the price change is and he cant get the information, in what continent is he breaching a contract for trying to find out how or if his original agreement/price has changed?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
lol at some of the posts above. As I mentioned I was trying trying To be devils advocate and also help op by mentioning there may be more to it than just sales guy negligence. But hey what do i kno....

KevM

RMS Regular
Are we reading the same thread or what? They told him the terms might change and if they do change in his favour he will be entitled to it, he is ringing to try and find out what is going on and what the price change is and he cant get the information, in what continent is he breaching a contract for trying to find out how or if his original agreement/price has changed?

Never believe everything you read on the internet...

If that's stated on his contract, then happy days, but then there's no problem. He doesn't even need to speak to the salesguy & this thread is a bit of a waste of space.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Got the news the payment is actually down £20 a month so pretty pleased.i don't understand how that's breach of contract!lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.