Paint suppliers/mixers?

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Ok guys, where could I bring a car body panel and have them mix me some paint to match?

There was a place off Boucher down the side of B&Q I was in one time years ago that did paint but can't for the life of me remember their name.

Thanks.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
What is the panel off Andy?

If it's something obscure you'll need someone with a spectrophotometer to scan it and match it to the relevant system.

If you're not wanting to travel up to me in Ballymoney, I would recommend KarKraft who are on Longlands Road Newtownabbey.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
OP
andy9eleven
Drives
All broken
@Chris0 Yes Givran was who I was thinking of.

@Woodcutter Of course, Paints & Components would suggest you do paint!! You have a blahmeter that can scan it? Perfect as I have no idea what colour it actually is. It's off the old 911SC. Metallic black of some sort. I guess it's probably Schwarz black but really have no idea. I could bring a door up would probably be the best...

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you know make/model etc of the car, they might be able to pull a paint code for it ?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ring a Porsche dealer with the chassis number and they'll tell you the paint code

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
@Chris0 Yes Givran was who I was thinking of.

@Woodcutter Of course, Paints & Components would suggest you do paint!! You have a blahmeter that can scan it? Perfect as I have no idea what colour it actually is. It's off the old 911SC. Metallic black of some sort. I guess it's probably Schwarz black but really have no idea. I could bring a door up would probably be the best...

Sounds like it'll be a genuine Porsche colour, we will be able to match it for you Andy, come on up anytime. :grinning:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
It was originally blue and restored and repainted a metallic black at some point so unknown colour. We may actually end up just repainting the whole lot grey anyway!!

That could be a complete balls then if it's an unknown colour.

Hopefully it's a Porsche colour, otherwise it'll be difficult to match.

Spectrophotometers/scanners aren't great at matching metallic colours.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Oh good, that gives me an excuse to just do the whole lot grey then!

61H Modegrau , Fashion Grey!

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
OP
andy9eleven
Drives
All broken
I know it's freaking awesome isn't it! Note the recessed front impact bumper and caps fitted in place of the impact bumper bellows.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just bumping this up, anyone know of anywhere in Belfast that can do this? If not, I’ll try Karkraft that Graeme mentioned previously,