Parrot MKi9200 Problems

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Having problems with my Parrot install.

Basically after changing my mobile phone, it keeps losing connection during calls, and making the lcd screen freeze requiring me to reset it.

The system worked flawlessly when I had my Galaxy Note 4, but since I got the Galxy S7 Edge it has not worked properly.

Anyone able to give me a few pointers ?

thanks

barachello

RMS Regular
OP
barachello
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Had a look to see if there was an update, but according to what I could see it has the latest v3.0

barachello

RMS Regular
OP
barachello
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Tried that too!
Will have another go in the morning.

Thanks

barachello

RMS Regular
OP
barachello
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Have tried that Andy, I am beginning to think it may be the phone at fault !

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Can't imagine the 7 software being different from the 6, I've not updated my Parrot in years and the 6 works fine.

Worth a shot emailing Parrot though. Might even be worth emailing Samsung too. They have an open repair shop you can drop into in Manchester, might even be worth giving that store a call.

barachello

RMS Regular
OP
barachello
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
I have emailed Parrot, and should hear back from them in 48 hours.

Will see what they suggest, and then move on to Samsung if needs be.

Thanks !

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I have the same Parrot in the Accord, it's a load of sh*te.

Connection is a lottery, although it maintains a call okay, don't expect to play bluetooth music for any period of time without considerable messing about, and if you do happen to get the music working, god forbid you should want the remote control to actually work.

barachello

RMS Regular
OP
barachello
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Lol, yeah I have found the same, it is a bit hit and miss with the remote !!

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Connection for mine has been dead on. S7 and the 9200 and it makes calls, plays music, connects automatically. The only issue I'm having with mine is the USB and iPod connectors don't seem to work. I'm on a very old firmware version and can't upgrade it as the USB doesn't power up.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Connection for mine has been dead on. S7 and the 9200 and it makes calls, plays music, connects automatically. The only issue I'm having with mine is the USB and iPod connectors don't seem to work. I'm on a very old firmware version and can't upgrade it as the USB doesn't power up.
Upgrade via Bluetooth?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I've not done my Mki9200 yet, but the CK models I've updated via Bluetooth, can't see why it wouldn't work, but like I say I haven't tried.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Bumping this one. Anyone ever had any issues with theirs randomly turning off?

My screen is currently either not coming on at all, or coming on at random times during a journey, working for 5/10 mins then switching off again. I can't connect my phone to the Parrot when the screen is off so I had thought it was a dodgy brain and bought a refurbished one, but that hasn't fixed it. I can't get the thing to work at all with the refurbished unit.

Going by this thread I get the feeling that this model is a p.o.s.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Hopefully it stays working :grinning:

Ive ordered a refurb lcd screen and cable. Hopefully that fixes it.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Does anyone know someone locally who can look at these kits? I cannot get the thing to power on anymore and can't figure out if the issue is with the blue box, LCD screen, or if it's something to do with the telemute SOT leads that I've bought. It used to work, albeit sporadically.

I've replaced the blue box, screen and SOT lead and still flumoxed. All the wiring looks fine that I can see, and the stereo works fine.

If I can even get some help to figure out which bits work and which bits don't work I can sell the bits on and buy something better. Happy to pay someone to get it sorted. Thanks.

mcauleyj

RMS Regular
I've heard the connection from the loom into the blue box (the big multi connector) can get dodgy with use (multiple insertions), whereby the female connector no longer is in reliable contact with the pins on the box. You can bend the contacts in tighter again in the loom connector to help improve.
john

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Thanks John. I gave up on it in the end and going to split it and sell the parts on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.