Parrot software update

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

garyo

RMS Regular
TL;DR - Does anyone have the serial cable that I would need to update a CK3100 or have any advice or suggestions of somewhere I could get it looked at?

I have an old Parrot CK3100 handsfree kit in the car. I know it's a bit dated at this stage but it does everything I need it to and I've had it for years just taking it with me any time I've changed the car. It started getting a bit glitchy of late where the screen would freeze and the unit would be non-responsive. Possibly a hardware issue but I checked the software first and noticed it's well out of date, but having serious bother trying to update it via bluetooth with the laptop using the Parrot update tool.

Have done a bit of research on it and found a few forum threads riddled with people having similar issues, but all their different eventual fixes still haven't worked for me. There's always a chance I'm just being a technophobic pleb, but it seems using the serial cable is the most fool-proof way to go.

Any help is much appreciated. @Cartunes might be a good starting point? Cheers

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
No worries Del, just remembered you as one of the go-to guys for car tech stuff so thought it worth a tag. Cheers for the steer though to @OLLIeCrX !
I'm old and out of touch now and basically off the tools...... unless someone wants an audio upgrade!! But then, I need to be in the same country as the car......

garyo

RMS Regular
OP
garyo
That'd be great Ross, cheers.

Will have another stab at the bluetooth method over the weekend, but there were so many different methods - steps to follow in a set order, settings boxes to uncheck etc, then the progress bar would go the whole way to the end of the update, then throw up an error. Wasted an hour at it on both of the last two nights and no better off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.