PC ,Porter cable polisher importing guide

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Martyn

RMS Regular
hi,some people on here were interested in the pc polisher i use, im posting this guide to help those people buy them, for those who dont know, the pc is a random orbit car polisher, it is used on your cars paint, windows, headlights, it gives amazing results safely, in fact they say the only way you will damage you car is by throwing it at you car.

FIRSTLY do you want your car to look like this below, i know its hard to believe but you can see which part of the car has been polished with the pc and which part hasnt (pic provided by wd pro, link below)

Wing-InsideMasked4.jpg

all underlined writing contains clickable links

Right go here to buy

you can also get cloths, wax etc from them

here you can buy the pc polisher kit ( sonus SFX pad polisher kit), i would buy an extra backing plate ( sonus 6" backing plate), and possibly some extra 6" sfx pads

the shipping will be aprox $60, but that will be very quickly delivered to you (in aprox 3 days), ask them help you with import duties you should not pay import duties if they mark the parcel correctly, also whilst your at it you can use your special discount code CLIOSPORT which will give you a 10% discount

then sit back an wait for you pc to come.

whilst waiting for your pc you will need a 110v transformer, extension, and plug, this can be bought from screwfix (clickable links )

transformer £34.99 or here if there out of stock CLICKY

extension £9.99

plug £1.20

plus you get free shipping

when your pc comes you will need to cut of the usa 2 pin plug, you then need to put on the new plug (as above), american black is live, and white is neutral, there is no earth as the cable is double insulated, this is a very easy 2 minute job,so dont worry if you are at all woried about wiring please leave it to an expert

then you will need to buy yourself some polish/swirl remover, i personally chose meguiars #80 for general swirl removing (known as speed glaze), and #83 (known as dual action polish "DACP") for problem areas (be cautious with this as it has a strong cutting action), There are alot of polishes put there, so best to do some research on Detailingworld

then you will need to do a bit of research on forums like

Detailingworld

you also should view this site clicky for a full write up on the pc and its use.

pics of the machine and pads

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg
DSCF0404.jpg

i hope this helps, please do a bit of research on the links, if you have any questions please feel free to pm me

autopia the company are brilliant, i cant recomend them more.

335.jpg

33.jpg

45451.jpg

Another example of a vectra half polished half unpolished #83 then megs #80)

boothalfDSCF0095.jpg

And a VW g60 with hard paint and 16 years old, polsihed with menzerna IP, menzerna final polish 2, and sealed with menzerna FMJ
from this

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

to this

finDSCF01221.jpg

finDSCF01228.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
martyn - great to see a good informative start to our car care forum....

i can attest to just how good the PC is - it is so simple and easy to use, yes, like anything it can and does take some practice, but after a while, the results are amazing

roll on any questions!!!!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Total cost including the transformer is £160ish delivered... But less with discount codes...

For instance when I bought mine I got 20% discount

-Pete-

RMS Regular
quite jaw dropping those results! very impressive!

one other question i have is, how much pressure do you use when polishing with the pc? do you lean on it or just let the weight of the pc do the work for you??

tim

RMS Regular
Pablo, I got this all for £153 delivered. I still had to buy the transformer though.

pc.jpg

Code:
Name                       Code                        Qty    Each  Options
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonus SFX Polisher Kit     SON-SFXPOL-KIT                1  199.99
Sonus SFX-1 Swirl and      SON-SFX-1FP                   1   11.99
Scratch Remover Pad
Sonus SFX-2 Paint          SON-SFX-2FP                   1   10.99
Polishing Pad
Sonus Dual-Action System   SON-DASBON6-2                 1    7.99
Foam Pads: Sonus DAS
Buffing Bonnet, Pkg/2
Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish   SON-SFX-3FP                   1   10.99
& Wax Pad
3.5" Dual-Action Spot Pad  43-085DA                      1   11.99
Backing Plate
Sonus SFX-1 Spot Pad       SON-SFX-1SP                   1    5.99
Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad       SON-SFX-2SP                   1    5.99
Sonus SFX-3 Spot Pad       SON-SFX-3SP                   1    5.99
                                                 Subtotal  271.91
                                          Coupon discount  -40.79
                                          (international)
                                                 Subtotal  231.12
                                                 Shipping   56.90
                                                      Tax    0.00
                                                    Total  288.02

That price is in USD ... Dollars $$$

Best buy I could of ever made for detailing, do it right... do it once!

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Cess said:
What's the advantages over hand polishing? Why the need?

Using a machine is so much easier and gives far better results. I always used to do it by hand (ooh er) but bought a rotary a few years back and never looked back. Just bought a nice new Makita too. Brilliant job

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
joeshaft said:
quite jaw dropping those results! very impressive!

one other question i have is, how much pressure do you use when polishing with the pc? do you lean on it or just let the weight of the pc do the work for you??

Approx 10lbs off pressure on the pc... You know if you are pushing too hard cause the head stops its random spinning:oops:

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Cess said:
What's the advantages over hand polishing? Why the need?

You can use a wider range off detailing products to remove any imperfections from you paintwork...

It would be impossible to do this by hand..:oops:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Definitely seems like the way to go. Nothing do i hate more than going over the car with hand polish- never mind 3 times with the Meguiars kit.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
tim said:
Pablo, I got this all for £153 delivered.

That price is in USD ... Dollars $$$

Best buy I could of ever made for detailing, do it right... do it once!

Tim, where was that from?

Did that include a transformer?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
You could be right Ruth, I thought Tim Bob was implying that it was from another site.

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf TDi
lenny - as i'm gettting married, i cant afford one, however i could afford to pay someone to do it for me?

if ur interested pm mer for my number, cheers.

tim

RMS Regular
yes i got mine from autopia.

and nope that didnt include the transformer read the list in the
Code:
, i didnt get a transformer because my dad happened to have a spare one so i nicked his

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Mine has just literally arrived in via parcelforce about 2min ago! woo-hoo!! Now all i need is a transformer and a plug, anyone know of anywhere local that stocks these?

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Porter said:
come on lenny sort out a group buy from that crowd.

I'll send them a wee email and ask what kind of discount they will offer.

tim

RMS Regular
If you all really want I could get say about 10 transformers plugs and 10m of cable at a good price for RMS Members. Would many be interested in this? Would be collection only though from portadown or carrick.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
What about the transformer boxes? theres some on ebay for less than the screwfix site, but if i could collect one it would save on postage!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.