PCP overpayment advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

WEST_BMW_M3

RMS Member
Drives
BMW M3
Hi everyone need a little help or advice.Was going to swap the car but the financial adviser (near had a stroke when I told him what I was after lol) advised me to hang fire till I get a new mortgage deal sorted cause the banks are being strict on money.Anyways I have money sitting there to buy a new car but I was wondering would making an overpayment change anything apart from reducing the monthly payment?
Thanks

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Hi everyone need a little help or advice.Was going to swap the car but the financial adviser (near had a stroke when I told him what I was after lol) advised me to hang fire till I get a new mortgage deal sorted cause the banks are being strict on money.Anyways I have money sitting there to buy a new car but I was wondering would making an overpayment change anything apart from reducing the monthly payment?
Thanks
Do you need the car, if you've paid more than have the value of it you can just hand it back with no adverse effect on your credit history, or if it's in equity just sell it and pay off the finance.

WEST_BMW_M3

RMS Member
OP
W
Drives
BMW M3
Do you need the car, if you've paid more than have the value of it you can just hand it back with no adverse effect on your credit history, or if it's in equity just sell it and pay off the finance.
Well sadly yeah, i depend on a car for work and I wouldn't have paid half the value yet.lol.Was offered a good deal at the dealer but I have to hang fire.annoying but something to look forward to!

WEST_BMW_M3

RMS Member
OP
W
Drives
BMW M3
An overpayment will only reduce either the monthly payment or end balloon. Hang on to your money
thanks thats wat I was thinking, just needed to confirm to be sure.The bank is giving peanuts for saving money.lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.