Peugeot 306 GTi Rallye

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG
Got this today,
well this was the raffle car on facebook. It traded a few hands in a short space of time but was unwanted as who would want a petrol 306 :p
Comes with a full service history, HPi clear, 2 keys and 3 previous owners. It has 150k on the clock but you wouldn't think it. First impressions are that it's very straight with very little dents. Obviously has seen some paint etc but what do you expect. This has to be the biggest steal I've ever seen lol
Interior wise it's all there bar the 2 front seats which are in fairly poor condition. Even has the jack and brace still in the boot.
Drives really well, probably could benefit from a clutch in next few months. I'm going to just generally tidy it up and enjoy blasting it over the next summer.
It's pretty pink so paint enhancement is required :grinning:
I still haven't washed it as yet

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I missed this in that raffle. No.7 won it. I had no.6 .

Was wondering where it would turn up. You get it for the £20 it was being raffled for?

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
I missed this in that raffle. No.7 won it. I had no.6 .

Was wondering where it would turn up. You get it for the £20 it was being raffled for?
Not the £20 he got a decent turn at it but left me with a very cheap rallye lol

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Had a GTI-6. Cannot complain about the performance. Fantastic little cars and totally underestimated. Have fun playing with the Focus ST's trying to bash you all the time and panicking when you keep up lol.
Considered buying one of these as a Nurburgring Toy to fully track prepare but wasted all my money on an M5 instead. The wife is happier with 5 doors you see lol

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Had a GTI-6. Cannot complain about the performance. Fantastic little cars and totally underestimated. Have fun playing with the Focus ST's trying to bash you all the time and panicking when you keep up lol.
Considered buying one of these as a Nurburgring Toy to fully track prepare but wasted all my money on an M5 instead. The wife is happier with 5 doors you see lol
It's really fun to drive for a 306 it is quality lol

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
I put the same engine/running gear as this, but with the 5 speed gearbox from a Xsara VTS in my Peugeot partner combi. Let's say it surprised a lot of people . Not the most powerful engine, but they go well for what they are.
That's it, youd get roasted by a modern diesel but where's the fun in them. It's just that basic and it works well for me. 150k and going strong great value for money and an appreciating model

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
The car handles like a dream as it is, but with a simple up rated poly bushes set and a strut bar up front they are amazing. Might be lacking in power nowadays, but can keep up with a LOT on the handling department. If you pay the money for good tyres that will also make a massive difference. I managed to go through a cheap set in my GTI-6 in 700 miles thanks to the cornering grip... oops.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Love these, nice to see one in here. Only driven the gti myself but impressed a lot

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love these, was always impressed by my mates GTI-6 back in the day (y)

Perfect for back road blasts/track days etc!

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Love these, was always impressed by my mates GTI-6 back in the day (y)

Perfect for back road blasts/track days etc!
By now a days standards they aren't upto much but it's a nice car for what it is as @RCT said earlier

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
I wonder will the cherry red come up again or is it going to need some fresh paint?

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
I doubt cherry red will come up
Duffy has a rallye 306 the same colour. We tried it with compound and it wasnt happening.

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Correct me if im wrong but because the red has discoloured under the lacquer you are only buffing the clear coat therefore having no effect on the colour/paint

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Correct me if im wrong but because the red has discoloured under the lacquer you are only buffing the clear coat therefore having no effect on the colour/paint
I assumed that myself to be honest. Some tell me otherwise, some tell me what I and you thought

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Sweet. I wonder if this is the one that lived in Bangor for many years. It was a red standard T reg from memory. It was always clean and well cared for, and well driven too when I saw it about.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.