Peugeot 306 GTi Rallye

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
I have sold so many cars over the years that I wish I had kept, but sadly funds always dictate that I need to sell what I have to buy something else.

Had to sell the 306 as I had just graduated from uni and started by first job way back in 2001 and I needed a more sensible car for all the miles I was doing. Ended up buying a Mk3 GTI Golf instead!

No regrets anyway that's the main thing lol I enjoyed anything I had no matter how short lived it was haha

Now to find me a mint gti-6

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Tidy looking motor, I've always likes these and the petrol models seem to have escaped the felt-spec crowd.
Unfortunately im not a detailer so cant comment on the paint.
Haha Christ wrong Andy sorry about that one

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Love that, thought about one of these or a GTI-6 before I got the clio, still think they are one of the best looking hatchbacks ever, enjoy!

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
key button.jpg
hockey clip.jpg
rallye.jpg
decals.jpg
so no real updates as such, bought some new hockey clips for the front trim under the headlight, new button for the central locking remote as mine was missing and a keyring and lanyard. its booked in for a full service this weekend, bought a new clutch cable also to see if it cures the heavy clutch issue.
some fresh new decals as the old ones are slightly tired.

£8 for that tiny bit of rubber :confounded:
just need to source a bootlid and bonnet now which i am getting ever so slightly closer to. hopefully give it to A+ detailing then to try and revive the cars paint. on the hunt for some rallye front seats aswell - hens teeth but have a few friends in mainland keeping a close eye for me so fingers crossed.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Very nice, these still look really fresh. I don't think the styling has dated badly at all

Always wanted a GTI-6 after selling my 205GTi, went for an Alfa instead.......biggest mistake of my life!

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Very nice, these still look really fresh. I don't think the styling has dated badly at all

Always wanted a GTI-6 after selling my 205GTi, went for an Alfa instead.......biggest mistake of my life!

they havent dated so badly really. yeah they are a great engine i think

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG
So was off for the weekend and decided to tidy things up a bit. The car is booked into A+ detailing for a correction just need to sort a few things first. Gave it a scrub today. Tidys up ok! I've sourced another interior, so it needs collected in coming weeks. A few quick snaps when I finished. I want to tackle the engine bay and interior next and leave it nice and fresh

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Called over home today to check on my little 1.6. Flat wheel and battery. The joys! Just need some good weather and tax and it'll be back on the road! Threw a coat of polish on the cherry pink aswell!
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
If you get a second hand bootlid make sure its a phase 3 one like what is on it. The phase 1 & 2's don't have the flush fitting rear window, and have a black strip along the bottom edge.
Phase 3 bonnet also has a higher "hump" in the middle!

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
If you get a second hand bootlid make sure its a phase 3 one like what is on it. The phase 1 & 2's don't have the flush fitting rear window, and have a black strip along the bottom edge!
Phase 3 bonnet also has a higher "hump" in the middle!
I might try and salvage the ***** repair on the bootlid. The bonnet I don't care it's mint but faded lol

Reactions: AMG

Dandy

RMS Regular
Drives
Looks well, btw I checked the bonnet I have and its now pink lol. Worth checking if it has the passenger rear arch liner cause if it doesn't they have a habit of rotting the inner quarter.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Looks well, btw I checked the bonnet I have and its now pink lol. Worth checking if it has the passenger rear arch liner cause if it doesn't they have a habit of rotting the inner quarter.
Will check that one. Near sure it does. But can't remember now. No one likes rot lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.