policing the roads....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

will

RMS Regular
....at half eleven at night is it really necessary for policemen to be standing about a town whingeing at people? ^o)

coming home from work and they're standing there round a corner with their wee torch randomly stopping cars! Its wasn't even a busy road (outside newtownards tec)

got the usual "do you know what the speed limit is?", it was a 30 zone but I was still going under 40 which is now apparently "a hell of a lick!"

they then go on to say "its a residential area so there could be children about", at half 11! if it were my kids they sure as hell wouldn't be out wandering about at that time!!! I've been coming home on that road for years and never seen a kid out at that time!

finally he says if we had a radar gun we could've scooped ya! with much regret in his voice :relieved:

I know its hardly crime capital but come on surely theres better things they could be doing :mad:

assholes.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
in a scenario like that you really have to bite your tongue not to answer back, but you just have to grin + be nice!

will

RMS Regular
OP
W
I know thats what I did but still felt like a cock, some of the stuff he said was so ridiculous I could have ripped it to shreds, but no just had to sit there and agree with it all.
I've lost any small amount of respect I had for them. I think a change of route home will be called for in future.

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
Same thing happened to my sis a while back, coming home from work one night, turned a corner, cop jumped out in front of her with a torch, only my sis didnt stop in time put him up the bonnet over and he landed on the windscreen of her not very sporty metro!!

Cop ended up with a broken arm, a few cracked ribs and 6 weeks off work.

She went to court for dangerous driving and the judge threw it out and told the cop to catch a grip and not to be jumping out in front of moving cars again!! How we laughed!! :cool:

Jonny

RMS Regular
i love the new push bike coppers in ballymena, one in particular loves himself, to the point i caught him checking himself out in a shop window, he mustn't just do spandex at the weekends anymore :scream:

freak :imp:

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
About this time last year I was working very late, came home and there was nothing in the house to eat so toodled down to Tescos Knocknagoney. Got some munchies, driving back to the house I was stopped. At the junction at the bottom of the hill that takes you up towards Holywood, just on the back road round to Stormont.

2.30am, 3 police cars and 7 officers standing there waiting for traffic to stop. In the whole journey I saw two other cars, both were taxis. So, 3 police cars and 7 officers to stop nobody...

therock

RMS Regular
Injured "on duty".
I've seen it countless times where i work. Cops blag full pay for upto 2-3 years with being injured on duty

BJ

Banned
I can't believe folk are whinging about cops being out at night!:relieved:

When would be the most likely time for drink/drug driving,for scum to nick/joyride cars or for boyracers to be acting the berk? :confounded:

brendy

RMS Regular
BJ said:
When would be the most likely time for drink/drug driving,for scum to nick/joyride cars or for boyracers to be acting the berk? :confounded:
err ... rush hour?
i dont mind them when they are highly visable but hiding behind unmarked motors which are in turn hidden behind bushes at a t junction is taking the piss to me. a few months back i saw two CHiPS on the way out to greyabbey along the big straight before the wee village sat in the little side road at the ards end, if they see someone speeding and go to do anything about it, theres going to be an accident there was a bloody 90 degree corner a little after them.fixed cameras are the only way forward, and then only in built up areas/accident blackspots.

BJ

Banned
err ... rush hour?

err NO! That'll be why the local papers have court reports on all the drink drivers caught late at night,why folk wake up in the morning to find cars broke into/stolen and why it's a regular occurance that a young driver thinks it would be a good idea to load his car up with mates and wrap them around a tree at 3AM on a Sat/Sun morning! :p

brendy

RMS Regular
BJ said:
err NO! That'll be why the local papers have court reports on all the drink drivers caught late at night,why folk wake up in the morning to find cars broke into/stolen and why it's a regular occurance that a young driver thinks it would be a good idea to load his car up with mates and wrap them around a tree at 3AM on a Sat/Sun morning! :p
tongue was firmly in cheek there fella, i totally agreed with you.

big cyril

RMS Regular
BJ said:
I can't believe folk are whinging about cops being out at night!:relieved:

BJ is right - most serious/fatal accidents do seem to be in the late night or early hours of morning.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
brendy said:
just think if you had of driven faster from where you were coming from, you might have went past before they were even there...

That has just made me spit hot coffee over my monitor, CHEERS!!! (y) :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.