Poll - fragranced UltraFoam?

UltraFoam - fragranced or not?

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I've had a few ask me is it possible to add a fragrance to my UltraFoam.

It's actually pretty easy for me to do, but before I would, I thought I'd ask here first.

So what do you think? So I add a fragrance to my foam (or different fragrances?)

Thanks in advance

Ross

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
What's the point?

I don't know mate, but a few have asked could it be done.

I think because orchard etc. have scented versions. And it's just something a wee bit different. Does nothing other than smell nice, and it's really not that difficult to do.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Unless you get the product on your hands etc or its used on the interior i don't see the point in a product smelling nice.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I don't know mate, but a few have asked could it be done.

I think because orchard etc. have scented versions. And it's just something a wee bit different. Does nothing other than smell nice, and it's really not that difficult to do.

Cool wasn't being a twit just see it as pointless lol.

As long as it doesn't cost you or the customer extra then why not I guess, I think your prices are hard to beat.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Yes people in general love that.

Also crazy colours. We brought in gallons of Autobrite Devils Blood which genuinely is the colour of blood, and we've almost sold out of it in just a few days!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Yes people in general love that.

Also crazy colours. We brought in gallons of Autobrite Devils Blood which genuinely is the colour of blood, and we've almost sold out of it in just a few days!

That would be awesome!

EP82JM

RMS Regular
I see no reason for it..but in business terms id say people will probably choose a quirky scented foam over a run of the mill foam. So for you, probably yea.

I had a cola cubes shampoo and the car smelt of it for a day or two after washing, I suppose some people may find that cool lol

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Would it effect the cost of production or retail price I guess would be another question.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Would it effect the cost of production or retail price I guess would be another question.

to be honest, no. not really.

not to rehash over old ground, but when I started out doing car products it was firstly because of a love for what I do.

I love having great products doing a great job, and having people talking about how well they work.
As I am on the road a lot, I listen to a lot of podcasts, and Joe Rogan (of UFC fame) has a couple of sponsors for his podcast and he only uses sponsors who he uses himself. One of those is Ting, who provide mobile coverage. Ting do things ethically though, and instead of charging over the top amounts just because everyone else does they charge a fair price, at which they can make a profit but hopefully when people like them and talk about them more will come on board. Something about this just seemed right to me - morally and ethically, and I kind of adopted that ethos.

And so my car range was born..... at prices which aren't the same same as everyone else. I have of course got a margin on them, but not much. My thought process is that i would rather have 50 RMS users buying frequently at small margins than 5 buying at large margins.

That has worked for me and against me, as I think with a lower price, there is a lower perceived value. hence my tag line - #Premium without the price tag!

So a long winded version of answering your question, no, it wouldn't cost a significant amount to add a fragrance to the product (and a mad colour too!) when I'm making around 1000lts at a time, and there would be no change in the price to you lot - my faithful end users!!!

edit - @Woodcutter - this is the only thing with mad crazy colours - straight from Autobrite themselves - I'd be worried about incorrect usage staining someones car :scream:

Due to the colour nature of the product, use a weak dilution (approx 10ml to a litre of water) on white & light coloured paintwork.

ONLY SUITABLE TO BE USED VIA A SNOW FOAM LANCE - NOT A PRESSURE SPRAYER. (if used incorrect this product may stain on light coloured paintwork)

Last edited:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
to be honest, no. not really.

not to rehash over old ground, but when I started out doing car products it was firstly because of a love for what I do.

I love having great products doing a great job, and having people talking about how well they work.
As I am on the road a lot, I listen to a lot of podcasts, and Joe Rogan (of UFC fame) has a couple of sponsors for his podcast and he only uses sponsors who he uses himself. One of those is Ting, who provide mobile coverage. Ting do things ethically though, and instead of charging over the top amounts just because everyone else does they charge a fair price, at which they can make a profit but hopefully when people like them and talk about them more will come on board. Something about this just seemed right to me - morally and ethically, and I kind of adopted that ethos.

And so my car range was born..... at prices which aren't the same same as everyone else. I have of course got a margin on them, but not much. My thought process is that i would rather have 50 RMS users buying frequently at small margins than 5 buying at large margins.

That has worked for me and against me, as I think with a lower price, there is a lower perceived value. hence my tag line - #Premium without the price tag!

So a long winded version of answering your question, no, it wouldn't cost a significant amount to add a fragrance to the product (and a mad colour too!) when I'm making around 1000lts at a time, and there would be no change in the price to you lot - my faithful end users!!!

edit - @Woodcutter - this is the only thing with mad crazy colours - straight from Autobrite themselves

Fragrance is good....dying my car is bad

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I'd just stick to making it smell good Ross, never worry about the colour of it.

Can't say enough good things about Ross' products, they are fantastic

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
It will do no harm at all, as said above, people in general like it, comment on it, and makes washing more enjoyable lol

Maybe a distinctive, but simple fragrance like 'bubble gum', 'cherry', 'cola cubes'... etc Nothing too sickly, or it'll attract wasps in Summer haha

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I vote for tutti fruiti and bubble gum scents @Big Pimp, if the scented ones had the foam colour coded to kinda natch the scent I think it would be cool.

Yes it's pointless and unnecessary but I love clean products that smell nice just for the sake of it. Makes using them more enjoyable.

Meguiars tyre gel for instances smells lovely.

Edit: just seen your post quoting about possible staining on light colours if not diluted or used properly.

Probably best not nothing with colour as people will always tend to ignore instructions and if it goes wrong blame the product. Not worth the hassle a risk of bad publicity for the sake of some colour.

I know for myself I started out diluting the products as stated but most of the time now I just throw a dollop into the bottle/bucket and fire water in. Everything I mix is stronger than stated, Just can't be assed messauring :p

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Autobrite magifoam I used was banana scented, wasn't a big fan of that smell but I would like it to be a nicer scent next time.

I do enjoy the odd sniff of a nice wax or meguires endurance tyre slick etc lol

I say go for it but wouldn't care much about the colour (y)

CJFR

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
If it aint broke, don't fix it. I can remember using a really nice smelling shampoo years ago and had to stop because the flies seemed to be attracted to the fruity smell. I'd come out and the roof of the car would be covered in them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.