power invertor for playstation.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Was over in Maplins today having a look for a power invertor. there are three types
1) 150W
2) 300W
3) 600W

I asked the guy behind the counter which one and he suggested the 300w...which i bought. However, on returning home i looked at the AC Adaptor on the PS2 (slimline) and it said "input100-240V"

Does this mean that i would be better off with the 150 power invertor, as opposed tot he 300W??

Cheers

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
thats you input voltage which is rated in Volts (V) not the power consumption in Watts (W). 300W is the minimum i would go. see if there is a Wattage rating on the panel where you found the voltage thing.

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
just earth it were ur amps are earthed to.and as neil said ,i definatly wouldnt go under 300watts

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
just as long as it matchs the size of ur power cabel , and yeah that size should be grand

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
ps2 sucks 100Watts. The box for my one had a list of power rating for different common things.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.