Project Fastra Van lol audio upgrades

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
So after banging on about not wanting a boring daily and diesel being the fuel of the devil, I had to face facts that we needed a van for PMG.

Default choice would have been a caddy for its aesthetics but I care more about the drive and a caddy is dull. Having had a few astra H sporthatches I always liked them, so the hunt was on for a 1.9cdti 150bhp astra van.

After looking at a few dogs, I found this one owner van, owned by a dent man from new. It's one of the cleanest vans I have ever seen!

Owned it for all of two days and it was down to autotune for a map to 185bhp lol

So far I have ordered a set of 18" Team Dynamics pro race 1.2s through @BBSBOY

I have a set of coilovers sitting and some Toyo T1Rs for if. Also have a full VX XP styling kit to go on it once the wheels arrive.

I absolutely love it, I drive the wheels off it and it's a genuinely entertaining drive as you can drive it to its limit all the time and have fun lol the 40odd mpg isn't bad either!

Had @blackwatergraphics logo it up for me.

The immediate plans is to get it up to 250bhp. Have an airtec intercooler on its way and then I need to source a full turbo back exhaust. I've a few nice carbon goodies from CR Carbon in the works too

Future plans are

- tarox big brake kit
- whiteline ARB's
- rebush the whole van, find polybushing too harsh
- corsa VXR recaros
- VXR steering wheel

Going to do a drag day and a track day in it for a laugh. I thought I would hate having a van but I can't believe we went so long without one. We ended up buying a caddy too that ricky drives.

Anyway a few crap pics for now. Bit of a dull project for some but I genuinely haven't enjoyed a vehicle this much in years lol!

IMG-20160513-WA0011.jpeg
IMG_20160528_124945.jpg
IMG-20160513-WA0009.jpg

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Liking the plans for it should look super. Have had 3 mk5 astras through the years they're not bad motors.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
These go well with a tune. Get the EGR blanked off and mapped out, it kills them. Swirl flap delete is worth it too.

Careful though as too much torque and it will eat gearboxes. They're notorious for it I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Drag and track days, keep me posted I could do with a laugh ;) if you take it to the auto test night I will pay your entry fee, go on there's no reversing so won't be too hard on it :p

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Gearboxes will be a consumable @Iain Traynor but they are cheap so I'm not too bothered. Wavetrac make an LSD for them so I'll be firing that in too lol

Found a company that makes a shortshift for it too haha!

@Mel the handbrake is **** in it lol

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Sorry for the thread hijack, I've a Saab 9-5 with the same donkey, looking to have the DPF removed and a remap, did Autotune remove the DPF or just remap it? Good looking van too!

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Nice little project work van!
Your caddy van was behind me in Andytown last week,it looks real well.
Will be in contact in next few weeks to get our GTI seats wet vac'd (y)

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I genuinely haven't enjoyed a vehicle this much in years lol!

This is what concerns me lol. Of all the vehicles you have owned and driven over the past few years.

Oj. Enjoy, and the plans sound good, look forward to seeing it with lows, wheels and xp kit added. (y)

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
@collyirwin11 I took the ST out on Friday evening and didn't enjoy it as much as the van lol

Don't get me wrong I can't wait to get another e46 M3 but day to day I'm enjoying this so much more, plus I'm enjoying having something to buy parts for where an m3 is best left standard IMO

zafturbo

RMS Regular
You should of bought a transit and put an rs engine into it .Having to drive my 2.3 petrol transit everyday atm I would love to do this conversion.Dont even know if it is possible to do but would be a load of fun .Look forward to the end results with you Astra,sounds interesting,(for a diesel).

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
I've no need of a van that size @zafturbo lol it's more just an advertising tool and it looks better when collecting and delivering cars IMO

Wheels should be here this week. Team Dynamics are so slow when it's a custom colour

andy_b

RMS Regular
Plans sounds good but I must say the stickers look a bit plain for me I think just can't put my finger on it

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Will be adding more once the wheels etc are on, in fact might do it all BTCC style

zafturbo

RMS Regular
image.png
Something like this would be class only not the same obviously.the colours look well together.maybe a car with someone using a machine on it or something for your business would look well.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Yea I really struggled to pick something for it, I think our caddy looks awesome but the astra just isn't quite the same effect. It was only temporary until I can make my mind up lol

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Wheels on and coilovers in :grinning: will adjust the height once it settles and then it's getting a fast road alignment lol

My airtec intercooler should be here tomorrow so will get that fitted asap. Then it's off to have the kit painted and fitted :laughing:

After that it's big brake kit and diff time. Handling seem much improved and I'm impressed with the Toyo T1Rs. I'm sure it will feel even better once the alignment is done.

IMG_20160613_195918.jpg
IMG_20160613_195927.jpg
IMG_20160613_195934.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Haha absolutely awesome ... about time you boys sorted some rolling advertisements :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.