Project Fastra Van lol audio upgrades

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
I seen a pic of it once iirc, but couldn't find a thread at the time, I'll have another search later.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
FB_IMG_1479681634957.jpg

The Fastra is going into Top Secret in the . morning for some major audio upgrades, reverse camera and having the headliner and subvisors retrimmed in Alcantara :laughing:

Spent a bit of time putting Gtechniq on it today. Excuse the camera phone pic but it gives an idea of just how glossy and reflective it is. Not bad for silver!

IMG_20161120_145556.jpg

The turbo is starting to die so a bigger hybrid will be next on the cards with bigger injectors to see me up near the 300bhp mark and I will do a solid flywheel and clutch at the same time :grinning:

I'm also on the hunt for a set of Corsa VXR Recaros but finding a seller willing to package them for a courier is proving impossible.

After that it's brakes and a diff and I think that will be it done. Want to do a few more mods to the Subaru in the new year and concentrate on putting money away for a new car.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
View attachment 130395

The Fastra is going into Top Secret in the . morning for some major audio upgrades, reverse camera and having the headliner and subvisors retrimmed in Alcantara :laughing:

Spent a bit of time putting Gtechniq on it today. Excuse the camera phone pic but it gives an idea of just how glossy and reflective it is. Not bad for silver!

View attachment 130401

The turbo is starting to die so a bigger hybrid will be next on the cards with bigger injectors to see me up near the 300bhp mark and I will do a solid flywheel and clutch at the same time :grinning:

I'm also on the hunt for a set of Corsa VXR Recaros but finding a seller willing to package them for a courier is proving impossible.

After that it's brakes and a diff and I think that will be it done. Want to do a few more mods to the Subaru in the new year and concentrate on putting money away for a new car.

That is a seriously good looking van!!!

Can't wait to see what baron does to it

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
nail on the head @weeloaney

That is the most Googled search term relevant to detailing in Northern Ireland. I own the pmg one too but the Web address is just one of the things that helped us rank 1st search term for everything on Google :grinning:

search detailing in Northern Ireland, Belfast etc and we are top result everytime. All part of a massive drive towards SEO

It will also tie into our branding but that will be revealed shortly ;)

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Got one myself at the weekend. Nice to drive, sips fuel and so far so good.

Have a few things to do, including giving it a damn good clean, but all in all, happy so far...

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
@Mr.Mint I honestly love mine. There is 147k on mine and if it was a caddy with the same miles it would be hanging together and heavily worn. My van looks and drives like one with 40k :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
nail on the head @weeloaney

That is the most Googled search term relevant to detailing in Northern Ireland. I own the pmg one too but the Web address is just one of the things that helped us rank 1st search term for everything on Google :grinning:

search detailing in Northern Ireland, Belfast etc and we are top result everytime. All part of a massive drive towards SEO

It will also tie into our branding but that will be revealed shortly ;)

Thats what its all about, optimising the brand in an online market mate.

Even when you google PMG Autocare you are still getting the information you require and then a website link anyway. Best of both worlds.

Cant wait to see what Baron does with it ... (y)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
That is rip for a btc style front aero splitter and canyards.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
cannot believe you are using that place in lisburn for your upgrades ... best of luck with him

I was down with him today to lift stuff out of the van (which I instantly forgot about once I saw it lol)

It's really really neat work, the headliner is better than some of the OE alcantara ones I have seen, hugs the contours perfectly and the wiring and install of the components etc is very neat and tidy.

He also detailed each section of the bill etc

I know you had a bad experience but every company can have an off day.

Picking it up tomorrow and I can't wait!

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Pete it was worse than a bad experience ... this was not an off day this was over multiple days and then i had to get other services to fix his mess

if you done what he did to me, your business would cripple.

i'm sorry but i really had a BAD experience with him ... just awful

Last edited:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
I was down with him today to lift stuff out of the van (which I instantly forgot about once I saw it lol)

It's really really neat work, the headliner is better than some of the OE alcantara ones I have seen, hugs the contours perfectly and the wiring and install of the components etc is very neat and tidy.

He also detailed each section of the bill etc

I know you had a bad experience but every company can have an off day.

Picking it up tomorrow and I can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing it!! Baron did some fantastic work on my ibiza years back

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
IMG-20161124-WA0007.jpeg
IMG-20161124-WA0005.jpeg

I will need to figure.out how to photo this properly but you get the idea. Really happy with it. The headliner just completely changes the feel of the interior.

But the audio! Amazing, crystal clear! It's been so long since I have been able to truly enjoy loud music :grinning:

@baron did a great job, it will be going back to get seats and doorcards trimmed to suit.

The reverse camera is great too, it's so hard to see out of the van so this has helped greatly.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Good quality after market systems are so much better than the rubbish put in the car ... regardless of cost or what they say it is.

What speaker setup did you buy?

Looks like Gary done a great job on the install not the name mentioned

colin84

RMS Regular
It's a complete Rockford Fosgate system :grinning: the components, amp for components and an amp for the sub :grinning:

Rockford Fosgate lol, haven't heard of that brand in a long time, I didn't actually realise they were still going. Enjoy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.