Project Fastra Van lol audio upgrades

diesel-dave

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4/M5/VWTou
I saw this machine today on the westlink. Fair play, thing is a real advertisement for you, it looked spotless. Was embarrassed sitting beside in my A5 which is caked in grime.
Top work. (y)(y)

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
I saw this machine today on the westlink. Fair play, thing is a real advertisement for you, it looked spotless. Was embarrassed sitting beside in my A5 which is caked in grime.
Top work. (y)(y)

I try to keep it clean, it used to be a nightmare but now with coatings on it, it stays far cleaner for longer :grinning:

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Class Pete. (y) Passed it a while back, does catch your eye for being so subtly branded. Cool van

Where's the sub / amp mounted?

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Class Pete. (y) Passed it a while back, does catch your eye for being so subtly branded. Cool van

Where's the sub / amp mounted?

The amps are mounted behind the passenger seat and the sub is just on the other side of the bulkhead so the van is still practical without it intruding on the space :grinning:

It's my favourite thing I have done with it so far! Once the seats, brakes and turbo are on I'm going to try and get it featured in Performance Vauxhall for a laugh lol

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The amps are mounted behind the passenger seat and the sub is just on the other side of the bulkhead so the van is still practical without it intruding on the space :grinning:

It's my favourite thing I have done with it so far! Once the seats, brakes and turbo are on I'm going to try and get it featured in Performance Vauxhall for a laugh lol

Don't see why not. Won't do business any harm either.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
The van is away for a much overdue service and timing belt change.

I have suspected the turbo was on its last legs and well it is.

So nothing else for it but hybrid time lol combined with bigger injectors and another mapping session and I should be good for at least 270bhp :laughing:

Would have liked to have seen it into January before going down this route as the wife is already unimpressed with how much I spent on the Audio but needs must ;)

Hopefully have some fun results up next week

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
So the turbo install is complete, goes like the proverbial off a shovel. Still need to get the map tweaked so should be even quicker again.

The wife got me some genuine VXR Nurburgring mirror caps for Christmas , which I fitted on Christmas morning and a dash cam, which @baron is fitting next week as I don't want to risk damaging any of his handy work :grinning:

Can't decide to do seats or brakes next, both will be similar money. It's almost complete but the last few things will take about £5k all in to do so need to slow the progress for a little while lol

Quick comparison from the day I bought it to now below. When I bought this I was sure I would hate it and it's now one of my favourite vehicles I've ever owned, I love it like a child lol
IMG_20170114_111709.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
So the turbo install is complete, goes like the proverbial off a shovel. Still need to get the map tweaked so should be even quicker again.

The wife got me some genuine VXR Nurburgring mirror caps for Christmas , which I fitted on Christmas morning and a dash cam, which @baron is fitting next week as I don't want to risk damaging any of his handy work :grinning:

Can't decide to do seats or brakes next, both will be similar money. It's almost complete but the last few things will take about £5k all in to do so need to slow the progress for a little while lol

Quick comparison from the day I bought it to now below. When I bought this I was sure I would hate it and it's now one of my favourite vehicles I've ever owned, I love it like a child lolView attachment 134660
Looks awesome now, with the power I'd be wanting good brakes lol.

What power you hoping for?

Also is baron top secret?

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
I'm hoping for a reliable 250/260bhp @weeloaney Yea he is Top Secret.

The brakes as standard are pretty decent to be fair and it's not mega power to deal with but the brakes I want look awesome lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I'm hoping for a reliable 250/260bhp @weeloaney Yea he is Top Secret.

The brakes as standard are pretty decent to be fair and it's not mega power to deal with but the brakes I want look awesome lol
Nice, will surprise a few unsuspecting people no doubt lol

Ah not so bad, some cars standard brakes can be pretty shocking, wasn't impressed by my boras standard ones when I had it even with good pads, surprising how much the upgrade from 280mm to 312mm made a difference.

But big brakes are as much for the look too :p