Proof of named driving experience

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Terri

RMS Regular
Drives
07 Astra VXR
Having real difficulty getting a letter outta my old insurance company to say i was a named driver on the policy. Isn't this a basic right or something that i can have this? paid them enough for the honor of fighting with them about 3 times a week over the phone and never made a claim :worried:

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Thats bad craic, I dropped into a company today that my mum held a policy with years ago, and I was a named driver. They had kept a copy of the last letter I got off them, so had no bother at all. And Its been 3 years since that policy was cancelled!

I think its easier to go in and speak to them face to face if you can. Sounds like they are trying to force you into staying with them to keep your NCB

Terri

RMS Regular
OP
Terri
Drives
07 Astra VXR
Nope, post office. only paperwork i have a copy of still is the certificate, but this wont do as i made some alterations to the policy in march (the policy ran oct 08 - october 09) and they sent me a new certificate.

Can't call into them as theyre based in england somewhere, and its not proof of no claims i want, its proof of named experience as i was only an additional driver on mums policy as i went to uni in london. They're arguement is that they only provide proof of no claims to the policy owner :worried:

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Quinn was just like this with me. Apparently they posted out a couple of NCB letters which I never recieved and they never faxed it to the new company when I requested.
A "strongly worded" telephone call sorted it all out though lol

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The post office never even asked for my proof of no claims for my daily driver. (It was 5 years), they just sent me the policy.

avo5021

RMS Regular
I've never heard of that before, only think they are obliged to provide proof of NCB for the policy holder..

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
I had the same problem as yourself. I was with Trevor Lunns in Lisburn, he gave me a letter sayin i was with them for 2 years no claims on my mums name . Quinn said that wasnt proof and then stuck my insurance up by £400. They also wouldnt accept the old insurance certificates. In the end they said they needed original proof from the insurance company "zurich" and not lunn the broker. Zurich wouldnt give me anything, as they said they werent obliged to. It was a few years ago now so cant remember it all but i remember at the time quinn just being real assholes about the whole thing, so i just hada stick with the higher premium until i aquired my own name NCB.

Probably not inspiring you with confidence but thats how it panned out for me.

Dave

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Having real difficulty getting a letter outta my old insurance company to say i was a named driver on the policy. Isn't this a basic right or something that i can have this? paid them enough for the honor of fighting with them about 3 times a week over the phone and never made a claim :worried:

Id say they have to. But they dont have to send a letter or certificate. Just tell your new insurance company to contact the post office for proof thats what i always do.

Or just send your certificate that you do have i bet you any money thatll get it sorted. Its still the same policy just cos you made some wee changes means nothing, and they dont even know you did that anyway. The cert you have will be for a full year so just send it.

The post office never even asked for my proof of no claims for my daily driver. (It was 5 years), they just sent me the policy.

Yeah they probably rang your old insurance company and checked, or looked on the motor insurance database or something.

Terri

RMS Regular
OP
Terri
Drives
07 Astra VXR
Id say they have to. But they dont have to send a letter or certificate. Just tell your new insurance company to contact the post office for proof thats what i always do.

Or just send your certificate that you do have i bet you any money thatll get it sorted. Its still the same policy just cos you made some wee changes means nothing, and they dont even know you did that anyway. The cert you have will be for a full year so just send it.

Yeah they probably rang your old insurance company and checked, or looked on the motor insurance database or something.

Do you read posts before replying? the certificate i have is dates march - october as i added an additional driver in march... hence why i cant use that as proof of named experience

Terri

RMS Regular
OP
Terri
Drives
07 Astra VXR
I had the same problem as yourself. I was with Trevor Lunns in Lisburn, he gave me a letter sayin i was with them for 2 years no claims on my mums name . Quinn said that wasnt proof and then stuck my insurance up by £400. They also wouldnt accept the old insurance certificates. In the end they said they needed original proof from the insurance company "zurich" and not lunn the broker. Zurich wouldnt give me anything, as they said they werent obliged to. It was a few years ago now so cant remember it all but i remember at the time quinn just being real assholes about the whole thing, so i just hada stick with the higher premium until i aquired my own name NCB.

Probably not inspiring you with confidence but thats how it panned out for me.

Dave

Cheers for replying anyway, i can get proof of two and a half years named experience from my first insurance company no problem, just the second company thats causing me issues :worried:

Z4A

RMS Regular
Drives
E89 Z4 35iS
Re:

Zurich wouldnt give me anything, as they said they werent obliged to.

Just call them up and mention "Data protection act". Under the data protection act they must provide you with ALL information that they hold on you by law.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.