Range Rover Sport buying

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
A neighbour of mine had one for about 6 months....12mpg AVERAGE.
They traded it back in at a big loss. He told me he had heard of footballers leaving them back due to their thirst for super unleaded...it sounded awesome though

Anyone buying a supercharged v8 that weighs nearly 3 ton and expects much more needs there head checked IMO.

Sure the diesels just about manage double that.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yep I just cruise about in my diesel disco and it does 24-26mpg actual.

Exactly.

Was chatting to a fella last week who has a shogun around the same age as my P38 and doesn't get above 29mpg. It's. 2.5 turbo diesel too.

I get 24mpg and that's not cruising about, that's with doing donuts in icy car parks and raking up a snowy and icy mountain lol.

gaz_5103

RMS Regular
Drives
SC Range Rover S
I had a supercharged one (you had detailed it for me Pete) for over three years. Bar tyres and yearly service I had nothing go wrong on it! I had it from it was 2 years old. Just be prepred for the fuel economy. I rarely got mine above 15 mpg on a long run. Short runs around town it was doing 10-11.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
I sold my wife's RRS 4.2SC around 8 months ago after 2 years of ownership. Changed to an X5 x35d x drive.

The petrol is the way forward in the RRS - the body doesn't need to come off the chassis unlike the diesels if you have turbo issues.

Average was 15mpg something that never bothered me (BP ultimate)

Biggest problem with any RRS is the air suspension and handbrake modules due to the plastic cogs breaking.

If you can find one with a detailed history and look out for this work carried out -
Handbrake module (In the SC module it's a balls to get out)

Air compressor replaced or rebuilt

Air cylinder replaced

Air bags replaced

Brake lines replaced

Radiator pack replaced (SC one has large scoop low down on bumper and leaves etc gather in it and rot the rads)

Suspension arms

When it's working it's a great wagon but when it's broke it's broke!!

Hope the above helps!

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
I think I have made her see sense lol

Had her looking at a new 1 series MSport and a new focus ST tonight. She has always had ST's so I knew it would win her over lol

So Tangerine Scream ST3 with pretty much every option is being ordered :laughing:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yeah I'm sure that was the last thing on your minds! The RRS are lovely, but it would take.the enjoyment out of it if you were getting big bills every so often.

Hope the Mrs is well BTW.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Does your Mrs like ml63s? I see J and F in mallusk have one. Some noise off them and pretty quick!

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
The Range Rover would be better on fuel, I had a standard one for 4 years and was only getting about 15 mpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.