Recommend me a backpack suitable for commuting?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Im on the bike more and more in and out of work and Im in need of a backpack, id say my requirements are at least 35l, waterproof, reflectivity would be nice though not a deal breaker and id rather spend the money once and get a bag that will last years so build quality is very important. What are you guys using/recommend?

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Bought a Kreiga backpack in Module about 5 years ago.Thought it was pricey at the time but its had a lot of use (including wet weather) and it still looks like new.Would recommend them.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I don't have one myself but everything I've ever read in magazine reviews about backpacks, it's usually Kreiga that comes out on top.

BirchesBiker

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW R1200RS
im using a canterbury backpack. I think it's really a rugby bag but also had a partition for laptop. I carry the computer everyday, bike lock, lunch, coat and gym gear and it's totally adequate for all :grinning:

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
All i'll say about backpacks is that the more space you have, the more you'll cram into it. be ruthless and you might be surprised what you can get away without! I use a Maxpedition Pygmy falcon, 23l, expensive but has lasted me for years and still looks new. Anything you need kept dry, buy dry bags rather than a "waterproof" rucksack unless it's a canoeing type one.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I use a Mountain Warehouse H2O Air Back jobbie
It fits in hand luggage, carries the laptop, front is all compartments for all my bits and pieces, main section can be split into two there's pockets in the harnesses and well tested against rain with no noticeable ingress, but it also comes with a rain cover tucked in the bottom.

it was £25 from memory and probably the best £25 I have ever spent tbh

andyc1

RMS Member
Kreiga all day, yes its expensive but buy good, buy once! I did 260 miles on monday with mine (r25) and didn't even know it was there.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.