Recommended Oil For Bmw E46 330ci

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

apache1311

Drives
E46
i use millers fully synetheic oil in my 330ci and buy it from motoglass on boucher road. cannot rem exact price, between 20-30 quid for 5 litres. lots of good reviews about millers oil. it meets the bmw LL01 spec

Crimson

RMS Regular
OP
Crimson
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
i use millers fully synetheic oil in my 330ci and buy it from motoglass on boucher road. cannot rem exact price, between 20-30 quid for 5 litres. lots of good reviews about millers oil. it meets the bmw LL01 spec

Aye I checked out millers last week and discovered that Motoglass are a reseller, handy as they're not too far from me. But I don't think millers do a 0w 30 oil :worried:

Crimson

RMS Regular
OP
Crimson
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Mine didn't use a drop of oil at all

But I remember before I bought mine ChrisL warned me his guzzled it, but it was normal

Dunno how you managed that lad, anyone else I've spoken to regarding the 330's said they are notorious for eating oil, do you know what oil was in your old one?

Mark_C

RMS Regular
comma is owned by exxonmobil.

it's decent. I use the motorsport 5w50 stuff in the MR2 all the time. Big advantage - it's only 25 quid.

apache1311

Drives
E46
Aye I checked out millers last week and discovered that Motoglass are a reseller, handy as they're not too far from me. But I don't think millers do a 0w 30 oil :worried:

I use the 5w 30 oil. As long as it meets the spec LL01 etc etc then should be fine, i have had no problems. seems to be lots of people using 5w10 in other forums

hope this helps.

Crimson

RMS Regular
OP
Crimson
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I use the 5w 30 oil. As long as it meets the spec LL01 etc etc then should be fine, i have had no problems. seems to be lots of people using 5w10 in other forums

hope this helps.

Are there no issues with mixing different oil viscosity?

apache1311

Drives
E46
Are there no issues with mixing different oil viscosity?
lol

that was a typo, meant to type 5w30 again and not 5w10 lol

i was just going by the spec recommended for the car and it is bmw LL01. the millers oil is LL04 and this meets the spec of the car and is good to use. the LL04 as far i have have been told and read is good for cars that meet the LL01 spec.

as long as it meets the spec u are good to go.

i have been using the millers old for 3 years and no probs. i change the old every 10k or 12mths (even though the LL01/LL04 is recomm every 14k i think from memory) which ever come first

and TBH not sure if i read on this thread or another but the 6 cyl bmw engines do use old and it is well documented/mentioned in forums. as long as the usage is within the BMW acceptable usage threshold.

so i top with oil every cple months or less

:grinning:

N

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.