Reg transfers and tax

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
when i bought my car the personal plate came off but my tax still has the personal reg on it. do i have to get the disc swapped or can it sit?

ta
-pablo

Cess

RMS Staff
I'd swap it. I think you have to. If you get stopped by the cops they may think that you are trying to pull a fast one when the regs don't match.

Dermot

By law you have to send the Tax disc off and get a refund Pablo and retax the car with the new reg.. But in Sending the Tax Disc off you Lose a bit of money, Usually a month of tax, So If it were me I would be leaving it on the car until it expires... Im sure if you got stopped by the cops and they spotted it and you explained it to them they would understand.

dturbopug

You can get issued with a new tax disc, prob will cost about £10 but you wont loose a months tax, as long as you have the old and new tax books!!

Dermot

dturbopug said:
You can get issued with a new tax disc, prob will cost about £10 but you wont loose a months tax, as long as you have the old and new tax books!!

Sounds Good... Ask in a tax office and see

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.