Renault clio 2004 electrical fault

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Well guys looking some help. 2004 clio 1.2 16v will not start. Was parked up tried to start the next day and cranked but wouldn't fire. Dash lights up like so. Immobiliser is disengaging and fuel pump priming. The stop light is flashing.
DSC_0379.JPG

Tried so far Coil pack throttle body crank position sensor. Been on diagnostics twice and showing no faults. Replaced the ecu and body control module today on the advice of the mechanic. Still the same results. I've inspected the wiring around the ecu box and plugs all looks OK.
Do we have any experts on these on the forums? Or anyone that could shed some light. Not in any way familiar with clios.

Cheers Ged

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
you have checked the fuses at the battery?
pull them out and check them

think theres relays too behind the headlight,pull them out and check them

RevT

RMS Regular
Sounds stupid but 8 years ago I had one of these as my first car and something very similar happened. I parked up in a car park and turned it off then an hour later it wouldn't go. I was reading up at the time and it was coming down to the key. If I remember correctly the immobiliser appeared as if it was disengaging but it wasn't. Key pulled apart, cleaned up and contact cleaner and it lasted another 6 months of ownership with no issues. Only other problems I ever had with mine were coils and crank sensor.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Similar to what Trevor said about the key.
I'd one that messed up and the key had actually stored some static somehow. Rubbed it on the ground for a bit, stuck it in the ignition and away it went. That sounds absolutely ridiculous, and I thought that myself when it happened me, but seriously, Google it, it's a real thing.

noLUCKcivic

RMS Regular
Drives
My Finger
I had a petrol one of these and the key was packed full of tin foil behind the battery to put pressure on the contacts, my diesel one used to loose the code every so often had to turn key to light came on count to ten then off count to ten then on count to 10 off count to ten then it worked lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.