Retrofit e90 msport seats into e46

j44nty

RMS Regular
Has anyone tackled this. I have heated seats I don't want to lose and would like electric adjust. I understand with a drilled plate and a little messing around the seat physically bolts in OK. I can't find much info on powering them up and is the heated element easy to deal with.

The reason I ask is because I like my current 325 e46 but it's an se with poo cream leather. I can live with cream being an old git but everytime I drive my e93 convertible msport I get out of it thinking the seats are one of its best features. Best thing might be to pick up some cream msport electric seats bolt them in and fire it into an auto spark.

Suggestions welcome.

I also read m6 seats are direct fit but the price of them is scary. M3,m6 seats are out as they cost the same as the vehicle. E90 seats are reasonable.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
It shouldn't be that difficult, I put extended electric M3 leather into my e36 325tds and it was hand wired up lol just needed a power source and the buttons for the heated seats out in place. We ran an inline fuse for each seat and took power off the cigerette lighter.

You will need to put a few resistors in so the airbag light doesn't come on though. If I am capable of it, you are more than capable lol

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
It shouldn't be that difficult, I put extended electric M3 leather into my e36 325tds and it was hand wired up lol just needed a power source and the buttons for the heated seats out in place. We ran an inline fuse for each seat and took power off the cigerette lighter.

You will need to put a few resistors in so the airbag light doesn't come on though. If I am capable of it, you are more than capable lol
Forgot about the dam air bag light I had torture with my black one.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
I put electric seats into my manual e46 all needed was a live and a earth, used an ignition live from the fuse box

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Remove the glove box and you'll see a relay panel which you can scavenge power from, along with an ignition feed to make the relays 'live' so that they aren't on all the time, and the heated function can't be left on without the ignition on.

That's where I mounted the 2 relays for the E46 saloon that I fitted E90 heated electric seats to, and it wasn't a huge job. Ran both sets of cable down the passenger side sill out of harms way, and then just carried the drivers side cables over the transmission tunnel and down under the seat.

It's not a massive job, though a little time consuming to do it neatly and safely.

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Remove the glove box and you'll see a relay panel which you can scavenge power from, along with an ignition feed to make the relays 'live' so that they aren't on all the time, and the heated function can't be left on without the ignition on.

That's where I mounted the 2 relays for the E46 saloon that I fitted E90 heated electric seats to, and it wasn't a huge job. Ran both sets of cable down the passenger side sill out of harms way, and then just carried the drivers side cables over the transmission tunnel and down under the seat.

It's not a massive job, though a little time consuming to do it neatly and safely.
If and when I tackle it I will send you a pm buddy just what I wanted to hear. Thankyou

trigtm

Drives
e46 m3
At the risk of digging up an old thread, does anyone have a bracket drawing for the e92 seats to an e46 body? It would be coupe to coupe and the e92 seat rails are wider than the e46 floor by a few inches. I'm working on a retrofit of some M4 seats to the e46 and the M4 seats have the same bolt pattern as the e92.