RMS 4x4 Outing - Todds Leap - Cancelled

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Excellent, what year/spec, any plans for it other than doggy transporter??
Thats her there lad...
13136025493_c97b2564e6_c.jpg

List of plans is endless lol. First on the list is learn how to drive it properly...

Then steering & diff guards, cooper STTs, winch, snorkel etc. Another fecking money pit!

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Damn that's nice chum health to enjoy it. Yeah the lists are endless, got some insa turbo dakars on at the min, and steering guard, looking winch bumper, snorkle, some more chequer plating for along the bottom of the doors, a coat of NATO green paint and a light bar on the roof should see me good plus any maintenance needed.

Gazzerone

RMS Regular
Know this isn't the right place for buying / selling, but Im sure I've probably a few spare bits lying about in the garage, if they're of any interest...

Have a used defender (also fits discovery) steering guard

A new winch tray & fairlead (the rope/wire roller) personally prefer this as it bolts onto your existing bumper, but sits above, giving a much better departure & approach angle than a dedicated winch bumper which protrudes, and can dig in, therefore reducing it.

Extra long (180ft) Plasma winch rope (used twice!)

One KERR (Kinetic Recovery Rope)

Brand new defender cubby box in black, with oddments tray (still boxed)

Few sets of Jate rings (Front recovery points that attach through existing chassis points)

Adaptable two piece roofrack. Front bar also acts as a light bar (Has 4 x spotlights mounted on it. Rear section is square & has a roller attached to the rear for ease of loading long/heavy items. It also has mounting points for CB aerial & wire cage (included) to carry tents/jerry cans/tyres etc..

I'm sure there's more but would need to rummage..

Pm if any of it is of any interest..

Cheers! (y)

Last edited:

Gazzerone

RMS Regular
Not a problem - it's a landrover, you may get used to your hand constantly being in your pocket and your bank balance dwindling! ;)

They've been lying here gathering dust anyway, so in no rush to sell!

Having said that, like it a lot - happy motoring! (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Just as well this was postponed, my series 3 still isnt up and running. :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.