RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Made a pulley system to get the kayaks stowed away. Then hung a few bits & pieces off the wall.
The dream of being able to brush & mop the garage floor is getting closer!

20170109_123634.jpg

Lads, the other half of the garage is filled with decorations from the wedding. The Mrs made x10 centre pieces, small trees consisting of baubles, causeway effect logs etc. If they are of any use to members on here I'd let them go for a special RMS funny handshake price.
Can deliver too.

FB_IMG_1481228319518.jpg

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I splashed out and spent £18 on 6 new 70w florescent tubes today, I didn't think the old ones where too bad, bit dirty just..........................WOW!!!!.......................what a difference, white light instead of the custard coloured light that was coming off the 14 year old tubes.:cool:

If you have old tubes I would definitely recommend changing after what I have just seen.

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Randomly found a few pics of my old garage that show I'm definitely a lot more organised nowadays:

trackstarbuild2%20047.jpg

The old shed half filled with water anytime it rained:

parts%20for%20sale%20042.jpg

This pic really makes my OCD twitch:

parts%20for%20sale%20043.jpg

Was still sad to have it knocked down though, plenty of fond memories of the old place.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
I splashed out and spent £18 on 6 new 70w florescent tubes today, I didn't think the old ones where too bad, bit dirty just..........................WOW!!!!.......................what a difference, white light instead of the custard coloured light that was coming off the 14 year old tubes.:cool:

If you have old tubes I would definitely recommend changing after what I have just seen.

Are they the led ones,was looking at them recently ?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
My first welding project, did a night class in the local college in stick welding basics and then bought myself a good Mig. These were the first results, feel free to add comments and suggestions..

Mobile work bench for the digester, with integrated Halfords tool chest and 1/2" plate top for welding and battering

3A49952F-F7CC-465A-A4B2-1647CB33275B.jpg

85B5C807-0AE4-4F0A-BF28-EB3F7DABD324.jpg

CEEDE1C4-F242-4E3B-A193-31893663367B.jpg

2A0191DA-3D40-48CC-8768-A321FD06548B.jpg

CEEDE1C4-F242-4E3B-A193-31893663367B.jpg

E81D5B35-8D73-463A-9BB5-582682F65738.jpg

562692DF-2602-4013-97CF-8F8567B8EDA2.jpg

0991FCFF-5771-4869-BC50-2C2959BF0C50.jpg

3937040F-CDA7-462A-8B60-99FEB89C41FB.jpg

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Some lovely looking welds there for someone only really starting out!
I've seen welds from people doing it 20+ years that are nowhere near that tidy.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Nice work on the bench.
I predict project #2 could be a welding cart.

amcm1

RMS Regular
Some lovely looking welds there for someone only really starting out!
I've seen welds from people doing it 20+ years that are nowhere near that tidy.

X2. As mentioned, seen people with 10+ years experience not being able to produce work like that. From the pictures only thing I could suggest is angle your torch down a bit so it burns into the bottom a bit more. Just a helpful tip, I'm in no way putting your work down.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I want a more upright welding trolley on soft tyres so it can be dragged across rough ground, all in good time

Ghost

RMS Regular
IMG-20170116-WA0007.jpeg

Flooring the garage tomorrow with the carpet tiles. Should add a bit of heat and look a bit more respectable.

Starting to take shape. Another run to the dump and just need a small kitchen for storage.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just to update anyone looking for LED lighting, I ordered from International LED after being impressed with @weeloaney's setup. Order was placed on December 13th, and was more then happy as when I paid it stated free p&p throughout the UK.

They then got in touch saying actually postage was £60 extra, of which I had to pay £34 which I wasn't happy about. Because I wanted these exact lights and was in a hurry, I paid it anyways and over one month later am still waiting for them!

They did get in touch today after me complaint to say they had arrived in stock and would be with me by the end of the week, but overall I disappointed with the service and lack of communication.

Only discount offered was if I ever order with them again, which I am unlikely to as I ordered all the lights I'd ever need in one order.

Hopefully they're as good as they look in @weeloaney's photos, but just a word of warning to anyone thinking of ordering.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just to update anyone looking for LED lighting, I ordered from International LED after being impressed with @weeloaney's setup. Order was placed on December 13th, and was more then happy as when I paid it stated free p&p throughout the UK.

They then got in touch saying actually postage was £60 extra, of which I had to pay £34 which I wasn't happy about. Because I wanted these exact lights and was in a hurry, I paid it anyways and over one month later am still waiting for them!

They did get in touch today after me complaint to say they had arrived in stock and would be with me by the end of the week, but overall I disappointed with the service and lack of communication.

Only discount offered was if I ever order with them again, which I am unlikely to as I ordered all the lights I'd ever need in one order.

Hopefully they're as good as they look in @weeloaney's photos, but just a word of warning to anyone thinking of ordering.

Frig me that's not that great, must question the brother, don't think had much problem tho.

Hope you are really happy with them else I feel like I'll get abuse about it lol

Must look the brand up to see if anywhere else does them cause they will definitely be going into my new shed unless I find better

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I bought "Hyperikon" LED tubes off Amazon and am very impressed with them. I also have "Auralum" and they are ok too but not quite as bright

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I bought "Hyperikon" LED tubes off Amazon and am very impressed with them. I also have "Auralum" and they are ok too but not quite as bright
Are these a straight swap for fluorescent tubes? Would they fit straight into my existing 5ft fittings?