Greenlight Insurance Thread

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Hi @Tony@Greenlight , tried calling to speak to you there but got one of your colleagues, he advised that Greenlight don't insure anything worth over £20k, is that right????????

It can depend alot on the car and your history, I would drop Tony a direct email as he's very good at looking into things in a bespoke manner. I had a similar issue and it was resolved with no problems but those two points I mentioned were paramount.

johnm

RMS Regular
20k bit is true too...

Untitled.jpg

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Another year and the Scooby is again insured with Greenlight, I fact it's the only company I've ever insured it with. Always competitive (though not cheapest), have more included in the policy and the customer service is better. Just wish I could get an agreed valuation on my (now quite rare) standard Impreza, I mean it's still got the tape player! It's taken a lot of time and money to get it as standard as it is.

It's not even old enough for classic insurance yet either.

Last edited:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Back with them again this year, best price around and mods declared.

Just wish they covered BMWs, seems crazy that they don't cover any models of such a big mainstream brand!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Back with them again this year, best price around and mods declared.

Just wish they covered BMWs, seems crazy that they don't cover any models of such a big mainstream brand!

It's all to do with the number of claims people make, if it's not financially feasable to take the risk they won't. Sounds like too many BMW drivers think they're Michael Schumacher then run out of talent in the bends lol

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Paddy,

Thanks for the kind comments.

In terms of the value of the vehicle, some of our Insurer products will let us agree the value of the vehicle (we'll need photos of all sides of your vehicle, the engine bay and interior) as well as a mileage reading. But this could be possible to do, even though your vehicle isnt old enough for classic cover yet.

It may mean our switching you to an alternative product if the one you're covered under doesnt have this option. But we can do this for limited edition models (for example P1's or RA's), as well as the more modified Impreza's, where the owner requests agreed value.

So it's worth a call to the office (01277 650866) if you get 5 minutes spare (y)

Kind regards

Tony

Another year and the Scooby is again insured with Greenlight, I fact it's the only company I've ever insured it with. Always competitive (though not cheapest), have more included in the policy and the customer service is better. Just wish I could get an agreed valuation on my (now quite rare) standard Impreza, I mean it's still got the tape player! It's taken a lot of time and money to get it as standard as it is.

It's not even old enough for classic insurance yet either.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Tony@Greenlight I tied that with yourselves but you could help re the agreed valuation unfortunately.

My Golf R (only 2 months old) is due for its insurance renewal at the end of the month normally I'd give you a call but I noticed on your website no cars worth over £20k. Is that correct or can you help.

Gambit

RMS Regular
@Tony@Greenlight
Anybody been having any issues with Greenlight?

My renewal is up on 5th May...havent had any renewal letter yet. Tried logging into their site doesnt recognise my email...tried a new quote...does recognise my email, still cant get signed in. Then email customer services yesterday still no reply on that either. gonna give them a ring here in a bit

EDIT: i suspect their website upgrade had something to do with it :confounded: Website Upgrade 23rd May 2016

Quick call = sorted (y)

Last edited:

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Just got my renewal through, after having went with Greenlight for the first time last year. Its up 70 quid, with no changes in circumstances / car. Anyone experienced this, this year?

@Tony@Greenlight

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Just got my renewal through, after having went with Greenlight for the first time last year. Its up 70 quid, with no changes in circumstances / car. Anyone experienced this, this year?

@Tony@Greenlight
From what I hear nearly all insurance has went up, it's unreal :-(

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Get an online quote, if it's lower give them a ring, most likely to come down a bit.

Insurance has definitely go up this year. I was only able to get £70 off the renewal price this year.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Get an online quote, if it's lower give them a ring, most likely to come down a bit.

Insurance has definitely go up this year. I was only able to get £70 off the renewal price this year.

If I could get mine down 70, it would make it the same as last year which wouldnt be too bad.