RMS Nürburgring 2016 Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
If anyone is interested in joining us in 2016 we have just booked our first couple of weekends...

We will be there the weekend of 8/9/10th of April.

Also the weekend of the 5/6/7/8th of May.

Anyone interested in joining us for either of those weekends feel free to do so...the more the merrier

For the above trips we are leaving the car in Germany for a month and flying home in April and will then fly back out again in May.

I intend to do another trip in September or October for those that want to leave it until later in the year.

Nigel

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Ahhh I'm not sure I can resist...

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I'm off tomorrow to view my potential 'Ring 2016 wagon.........
Wish me luck - March 2000 V70 T5 SE
v70 Preston.JPG

With my last two failures to purchase a second-hand car, I'll not put too much hope in being this car's new handler.

Last edited:

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
OP
nigelmcg
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Arfur, my flights for April/May were only £53 return...

Unfortunately the price for the two boats combined this year was £600, which is why I stretched our trip across two weekends...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Great find (y)

Scary quick that, look at the rate the speedo climbs! And then every time it looks like he is surely going to understeer into the greenery all of a sudden the car just turns, lol :grinning:

If I ever go to the 'Ring I shall surely die!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Great find (y)

Scary quick that, look at the rate the speedo climbs! And then every time it looks like he is surely going to understeer into the greenery all of a sudden the car just turns, lol :grinning:

If I ever go to the 'Ring I shall surely die!
Its a great example of the supreb attessa 4wd system. That engine, chassis and 4wd system just destroyed everything in it's wake in the late 80s.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Very eighties suspension as well compared to modern 'Ring monsters, lots of travel and roll. Bet it was devastating on a nice B-road (y) Clearly not optimised for the 'Ring, but still that quick. Imagine that on racier suspension and tyres.

Bet you miss yours :grinning:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I'm heading over 8th to 11th September. It seems to be one of the only full weekends round that time of the year that the track is open, but, DTM is on that weekend as well, so accommodation has pretty much disappeared and I'm fully expecting it to be really busy :worried:

We ended up renting a house in Adenau

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Sadly not this year, my stag at the start of September and then my wedding on the 23rd, honeymoon through to October. 2017 I'll get again and hopefully with a few RMSers :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.