RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
That's some change from it being lowered :p

Is that lift from the standard height?

Hah yeh, just lowered it again actually. Was running standard suspension over the winter.

But yeh, Lift from standard...So...8"-9"ish lift from it sits on coilovers

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yeah. Glad I took the Chelsea tractor off road, just to see how capable it is..... But now I want to get something which will cost very little, and I won't care too much about scraping, grounding, or bumping a wee bit

Was great to see you take it out.

That's kinda how I am with the P38, as long as I can drive home I'm grand. Bodywork is rough enough as it is so not worried about a scratch. And mechanical it appears to take a decent bit of abuse :p

Don't want to destroy it of course but mainly want to enjoy it and what it can do off road and how comfortable a cruiser it is on road.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Hah yeh, just lowered it again actually. Was running standard suspension over the winter.

But yeh, Lift from standard...So...8"-9"ish lift from it sits on coilovers
That'll take a while getting used to, from stepping into it like a car to having to hop in and out :p

I had to remove my destroyed sidesteps a couple of weeks back and the amount of times I've gone to step on them when getting out is brutal. Nearly fell on my face a quite a few times. Literally was falling out of it for a week. :p

Dave..

RMS Regular
That'll take a while getting used to, from stepping into it like a car to having to hop in and out :p

I had to remove my destroyed sidesteps a couple of weeks back and the amount of times I've gone to step on them when getting out is brutal. Nearly fell on my face a quite a few times. Literally was falling out of it for a week. :p
Stick the rock sliders on it and you can step on them.

Dave..

RMS Regular
That's the plan. But as with most things with me it will happen slow, or last minute before an offroading trip. :p

Need to do some measuring and get steel ordered
But don't leave a gap like I did beside the sill and when I stepped out caught my toes in it and nearly wiped myself out (n)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
But don't leave a gap like I did beside the sill and when I stepped out caught my toes in it and nearly wiped myself out (n)

Like this?
282-639-thickbox.jpg

Mine will be more like this.
bateslider2.JPG

I will be using rectangler box section, tho I won't leave any gaps and will be shaped a lot nicer.

They will just look like metal side steps but will have the strength of rock sliders/tree bars

Dave..

RMS Regular
Like this?
282-639-thickbox.jpg

Mine will be more like this.
bateslider2.JPG

I will be using rectangler box section, tho I won't leave any gaps and will be shaped a lot nicer.

They will just look like metal side steps but will have the strength of rock sliders/tree bars
Yes exactly like the first picture. They did a great job but were lethal.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yes absolutely. If someone could bring 20 canes I'd happily set up a little course for us to try out too :grinning:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I should be in too. As long as the Vitara is starting and driving, I'll take it up. Doubt she's going to see the road again so the amount of ****s for it are radically decreasing...
Was going to ask you what's going on with it?

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Let's say the 29th on January, you have 1 day short of 3 weeks.

We both know you'll do all the work in the last few days lol ;)
Yea, the work will always be done at the last minute no matter what lol.
But for reference, the weekend of the 29th is the indoor show in Newcastle.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
You know my craic, if I'm not away with work I'll be there. Only get back from holiday on 24th so fingers crossed I won't be away by then!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
29th works for me if they can take us :grinning: I'll not bother shovelling the mud out of the Jimny in that case

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yea, the work will always be done at the last minute no matter what lol.
But for reference, the weekend of the 29th is the indoor show in Newcastle.
Was only really throwing that date out there as it's the last Sunday in January and I can't do the 1st 2 weeks in February.

What dates suit people??

Should have bumped the thread sooner but only got a weeks driving in the p38 to know it's probably ok lol

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I'm sure it's been covered before, how likely are you to seriously damage your jeep here? I still use it as a daily, as does the wife when the weathers bad!