RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
If you're sensible you'll be fine. There's a couple of rough bits that would be best avoided if you want to keep your sills in tact lol. Has a great grass drift circuit too :grinning:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
If you're sensible you'll be fine. There's a couple of rough bits that would be best avoided if you want to keep your sills in tact lol. Has a great grass drift circuit too :grinning:

Is it like Toods Leap where you are kinda in a queue of trucks so avoiding areas is dfficult? Sounds like a good day out alright!

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
I have a video at flagstaff in the mighty disco v8, Twin locked arbs and it found some of it tough with the wet mud.

-Ged

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Dont have the lift kit in my forester yet, but would be up for taggging a long and maybe doing photos if someone would spare a passenger seat ?

Forester would be grand on some of the lighter/easier bits tho

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
That looks brill, but way too much for my GV.
That's the worst bits really, nearly none of us have gone down that real steep bit other than a few last time. There was a fella there last time in his standard freelander with AT's.
That bath as it's called is new since last April, no need to go through it either.

There's a few bits you need to avoid but as said if your careful you won't come to any harm.

@Coog we nearly need the bit that @Big Pimp went into by accident marked off with Barrier tape. Very easy to go in from the lower side and get beached.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye there's a few bits I wouldn't take the Jimny on for fear of rolling over (which they do fairly easily). Aside from down the bottom area I can't think of anything too horrific that would damage the GV. Seems a shame not to offroad it given its had the prep done.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Dont have the lift kit in my forester yet, but would be up for taggging a long and maybe doing photos if someone would spare a passenger seat ?

Forester would be grand on some of the lighter/easier bits tho

The forester would be fun in the field what do you think @Coog ? Lol

I'll always have spare seats tho most likely back, but apparently they were comfy at todds leap and come with an armrest lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Aye there's a few bits I wouldn't take the Jimny on for fear of rolling over (which they do fairly easily). Aside from down the bottom area I can't think of anything too horrific that would damage the GV. Seems a shame not to offroad it given its had the prep done.
I had my eyes half closed watching the red jacked up Jimny go down the big hill, brake and it would go ass over nose lol

saxo_man

RMS Regular

How does it compare to todds leap

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
The forester would be fun in the field what do you think @Coog ? Lol

I'll always have spare seats tho most likely back, but apparently they were comfy at todds leap and come with an armrest lol

Oh its good fun in fields alright haha. Hopefully getting a 2" lift shortly. Currently just on standard stuff with some brand new yoko geolandars lol

LC2L8199_1 by tinners591 591, on Flickr

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
How does it compare to todds leap

Its rougher than Todd's with the potential for some serious rough stuff if you venture off the beaten track, but if you stay on the tracks it's dead on. I'm in a standard height Jimny and didn't have any bother.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Its rougher than Todd's with the potential for some serious rough stuff if you venture off the beaten track, but if you stay on the tracks it's dead on. I'm in a standard height Jimny and didn't have any bother.

You're an experienced 'veteran' though lol

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Would do better than any of us lol. The field is the best bit :p

280ish bhp means mucho sideways in fields :p

Looking online a jimny minimum ground clearance is around 7 inches, the stock forester isjust over 8 inches, plus my bigger tyres so I'd probably be grand. Would take my fancy nbumpers off and throw on my old stock ones tho lol.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
You're an experienced 'veteran' though lol
I always end up laughing at Craig. Could be quiet then your here the jimny on the limiter and bouncing up a rough hill lol

First time I went to flagstaff was only my 2nd time out. If it's looks too rough you can good back in most places.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I always end up laughing at Craig. Could be quiet then your here the jimny on the limiter and bouncing up a rough hill lol

First time I went to flagstaff was only my 2nd time out. If it's looks too rough you can good back in most places.

That wee car has been the best craic. Point it at something, engage limiter, drop the clutch and hang on for dear life lol

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
@saxo_man I think im the only one who trailers my landrover to these events, and that's typically because its 40mph on the road if you want to keep your hearing, everyone else gets away with driving there and home again, so with a little caution you will be fine

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
As said @saxo_man youd be fine if you just stuck to the main routes and can always turn back. Plenty places to pull in and let others past before turning round.

I got stuck twice, once I just beached the diffs and couldn't get traction and the second time i'd gone down a path that was only fit for goats lol, so my own fault really :p

Brilliant fun, can't wait to get back again (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
As said @saxo_man youd be fine if you just stuck to the main routes and can always turn back. Plenty places to pull in and let others past before turning round.

I got stuck twice, once I just beached the diffs and couldn't get traction and the second time i'd gone down a path that was only fit for goats lol, so my own fault really :p

Brilliant fun, can't wait to get back again (y)

And some dumbass believed @Coog when he told him he could pull you out and ended up stuck too lol

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
I'll be up for a return trip. the last outing was a great laugh with a good range of vehicles and driver experience attending, As already said, it's a bit more involved than Todds Leap but still plenty of opportunity to pick and choose what you want to tackle.

This is my standard Touareg on road tyres which went just about every where and was only defeated by a couple of the steeper slopes on the way up.
IMG_0374.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG