Road racing cancelled for 2023

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
How many people attend the NW alone ? Each year. As in spectators.
Surely if a organised effort was put in place a good bit of fund raising could take place to help with costs.

Get it in the media out there that even 1 pound per person allows this event to take place.

Plenty of people plenty of buckets and walk the track while races are running.

In todays culture probably right down to tripping over the foot of a barrier or bale of straw on a footpath,
Sore ears from a motorbike going past. Etc. mass gatherings are just mass potential claims so they probably price themselves out of the market.
Always bought a programme to support Nw200, I'm sure people who go watch would give a quid but where does it end,the money the Nw200 brings to NI economy could some of that pay towards insurance?? Absolutely gutting for road racing fans but even more so for the riders and teams from big teams to the minnows in vans and caravans putting on a great spectacle and racing for us fans.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Ryan Farquar reckons that's a wrap...

Maybe a bit premature for NW200, but hard to see how the smaller races would run again.

Sad times.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
They need to work out a way of charging spectators. Go to the NW200 and the only people paying to watch are those in the grandstands which is a tiny fraction of the 100k or whatever who show up each year. I'll make a point of buying a programme each year to do my bit but no one is under any obligation to contribute.

Can the Isle of Man continue without Irish road racing? I thought racers needed a certain amount of road racing miles or time under their belt before they could do the TT?
You need to have done three or four national level events in the year leading up to the TT but it doesn't have to be on the roads. Glenn Irwin was allowed to do the TT last year due to the amount of BSB races he'd done and it's why M Dunlop does a couple of BSB meetings each year and treats them as shakedown tests with the bonus of getting a couple of signatures on his licence to qualify for the TT.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
1676035117845.png

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
There are a lot of people for whom it's their life, I used to go watching races in the 80's with a mate who is a biker still and used to do a bit for a neighbour who ran various bikes for riders. :-(

It's all very well suggesting ways to help pay but why the frig is it 3 times last year's premium?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
There are a lot of people for whom it's their life, I used to go watching races in the 80's with a mate who is a biker still and used to do a bit for a neighbour who ran various bikes for riders. :-(

It's all very well suggesting ways to help pay but why the frig is it 3 times last year's premium?

They mentioned on the radio this morning that the insurance provider insured the TT too, maybe they are trying to recover costs associated with the 6 deaths last year.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Ah, right, probably an assessment of risk for it as an activity overall too though. Last year was really bad for the TT unfortunately.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
100% the TT last year cannot be ignored by the insurers, although I'm sure no NW200 only makes the TT more dangerous as the bikes, teams and riders would be going to the TT straight from BSB and short circuits rather than ramping up at the NW

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Isn't the Isle of man government not stumping up a million to cover the rise ?
If they lose the tt, they'd lose the Manx also I'd say and it'd kill the tourism for the Isle sharply I'd guess. Can only pull the this is where the tt happened card, for a few years to draw numbers in before it becomes hard core groups.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Last edited:

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000