S4 light query

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
csn i upgrade the headlights on a 2012 s4 to brighter ones .Car has xenon fitted but the light of them is terrible compared to my last car.If so where can I get whatever I need to upgrade.
Is it a case of like the normal bulb just being replaced with a higher wattage ect.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
It could be that the xenon bulbs are maybe just past their best. I think I read before that they dim over time.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
I bought a set of Osram uprated xenon bulbs for the RS4, haven't got round to fitting them yet!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
[QUOTE="Odhran, post: 3077621, member: 7555]It could be that the xenon bulbs are maybe just past their best. I think I read before that they dim over time.[/QUOTE]
They have been bad from I got the car tbh.the lights on my pervious car were far superior in comparison."

neil-c

RMS Regular
I just put a new set of osram 4300k bulbs in the S5 and they're great- no complaints. Higher temperatures change the colour not the light output so don't go for anything over 5000k if light output is the most important thing to you.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.