Seat leon FLASHING LIGHT AND BEEPING FROM DASH!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Davey Mack

RMS Regular
Drives
honda type R
hey all at rms, recently with my 05 seat leon with PD150 engine I think, on starting the car the wee red light flashes and beeping noise will sound on the temp gauge at the top cenre of the dash! I have to start/stop the car a few times till it doesnt come on as its very annoying!! it doesnt happen all the time, it only started when the cold weather come and temp was very low, now its still happening, all fluid levels are sound with the car and it still drives grand and is well looked after, has any seat/golf drivers experianced this before with there car? hopefully its nothing serious maybe just a sensor?.
any advice is welcome, many thanks

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
hey all at rms, recently with my 05 seat leon with PD150 engine I think, on starting the car the wee red light flashes and beeping noise will sound on the temp gauge at the top cenre of the dash! I have to start/stop the car a few times till it doesnt come on as its very annoying!! it doesnt happen all the time, it only started when the cold weather come and temp was very low, now its still happening, all fluid levels are sound with the car and it still drives grand and is well looked after, has any seat/golf drivers experianced this before with there car? hopefully its nothing serious maybe just a sensor?.
any advice is welcome, many thanks

maybe a weak glowplug? what is the symbol on the red light?

Marc

RMS Moderator
temp sensor probably.. common fault, about £20 will sort it I believe, that or a new coolant bottle with temp sensor built in.. again, this is sub £20

Davey Mack

RMS Regular
OP
Davey Mack
Drives
honda type R
glowplug problems have been sorted out recently. its just a we round light on the temp gauge its self beside the fuel level gauge, not on the display its self, sensor proably the most likley problem all get up to seat today and chat to them cheers lads

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
you coolant level is low, mine did it when the weather was cold topped it up and it fixed the problem, try that before spending any money,

Davey Mack

RMS Regular
OP
Davey Mack
Drives
honda type R
you coolant level is low, mine did it when the weather was cold topped it up and it fixed the problem, try that before spending any money,

coolant level is 100% spoke to local seat garage,they pointed me toward a sensor at the back right of the engine its a little green plug type thing, £32 but to be sure they would have to plug in the computer haha extra handy £50 quid for them "i dont think so:p" ill just put up with it for a while as it is nothing serious, thanks all for your repleys!!

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
it seems ever seat dealer recommends you change the little sensor that costs 32 quid and 50 to fit, there a joke!!! my made had the same sensor change 3 times before they repalced his turbo, dealer = chancer IMO. the level in mine was spot on and i added maybe 4 capfuls just to take it exactly full and it was spot on..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.