Selling a car on eBay Auctions

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Has anyone sold a car on eBay auctions? Seems the fees are fairly hefty considering!

I feel like I have exhausted all other options - eBay Classified, Auto Trader, Gumtree, Marketplace, Car & Classic.

In every advert, I express that I am open to offers but don't even get an offer and it's got to the point now that I am fed up with it. I've been given the run around, people saying they have booked flights, got prices for transporting the vehicle etc, agreeing prices, people not showing up etc and it's just wearing thin!

Similar vehicles are being listed for more money and the adverts are gone less than a fortnight later. Is it just because we are in NI?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It’s around £15 for an eBay auction or £20 with a reserve. They then take a cut of the final sale price. (Min £15 I think and a max of £45) not too bad if the car is worth a good bit. The likes of collecting cars is £150 to sell with them.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have sold a few using eBay buy it now. Last 4 out of 5 cars went that way. Most to England and completely hassle free transactions tbh. Just had to help get the car loaded up.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Would people tend to advertise at the same time on eBay, Autotrader and usedcarsni? And is that mainly to extend to GB market?

I’ll likely put the Vellfire up for sale this week, due to a house sale and some rejigging, and wasn’t sure if it’s best on something like UsedCarsNI as it’s likely aiming @ an NI audience.

There aren’t many for sale here usually, and the condition is much better than ones I viewed in England, but I can’t see someone travelling to NI for this type of motor.

@RubberLover - not sure if you’re in the market for one, I did a quick search on here & your name cropped up.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Has anyone sold a car on eBay auctions? Seems the fees are fairly hefty considering!

I feel like I have exhausted all other options - eBay Classified, Auto Trader, Gumtree, Marketplace, Car & Classic.

In every advert, I express that I am open to offers but don't even get an offer and it's got to the point now that I am fed up with it. I've been given the run around, people saying they have booked flights, got prices for transporting the vehicle etc, agreeing prices, people not showing up etc and it's just wearing thin!

Similar vehicles are being listed for more money and the adverts are gone less than a fortnight later. Is it just because we are in NI?

What’s the car? If it’s a petrol then you do find they are harder to sell than on the mainland, unless it’s a performance car.

as previously stated the fees aren’t too bad, not far of when you might give a new owner to put some fuel in for the drive home depending on what you got for it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I haven’t used UCNI in years. Autotrader, eBay, car and classic and that’s about it.