Senna Movie - Showing in NI?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Seen this in the QFT on Saturday night, jam packed it was. Great show and seen a fair bit of footage I'd never seen before.

As has been said before, I think, even when your watching his last ever lap my heart was pounding.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
the noise was tremendous.

through the street of Monaco, one handed, revving the nuts off the thing just fantastic viewing.

back in the days of Formula 1 when the driver could really make a difference.

a feast for the senses!

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
finally got chance to see this at the weekend. Cracking period footage, and some interesting behind the scenes footage.
i'd have loved to see more time spent on his life and career, than his death.
Some strange omissions from the film too... considering a lot of it was based around the Senna/Prost rivalry, where was footage and explaination of Imola '89, which sparked off the feud?
although prost was the most bitter rivaly, they didn't go wheel to wheel that often, his best races, performances and battles were with Mansell, and these were never mentioned! Skipping over the '92 season was fairly poor as well. the film makes it out that Williams had an unfair advantage with active suspension.... active suspenion wasn't new, in fact it was used on the Lotus Renault turbo cars, when Senna was driving for them in the '80s....
Defo worth seeing though, my better half thought it was brilliant, and she wasn't bothered about seeing it at all before.
Just need to remember that it's a film about Senna, not that period of F1, and as a result it's fairly one-sided.!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
This is out now on DVD, saw it the other day. Yes, I know I am slow on the uptake, lol :p

Even better than all the hype - very, very good. Anyone with even a drop of petrol in their veins just have to see it.

No idea if the depiction of Prost/Balestre vs Senna was fair (Prost does come out as a total d**khead), but it all seemed perfectly plausible. I guess people will have different opinions on that one.

A shame Mansell, and Senna's battles with him, got so little mention. As mentioned by others, the film is not about period F1 but about Senna, and I guess the Prost rivalry was better entertainment.

Either way, absolutely cracking film! (y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
got this on Blu-ray.

extended version is near 3 hours long.

brilliant film

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Got it myself on Friday but its an Xmas present and only getting it then, but probably won't watch it until after Xmas is over so I don't depress myself :p

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Somehow only saw this last night, good show and great driver. I'm an f1 fanatic but must admit my pre 95 knowledge isn't as good as it could be and this filled some of the gaps but I must agree that it was a very very one sided show. Where did Mansell and 92 go? The film could have easily been 6 hours long and I would have watched it but I still reckon that Mansell and 92 would have been omitted.

Some excellent footage, Senna must have nearly every aspect of his life filmed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.