shark v9

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Leefitz

bought a new shark v9 1000watt amp and i noticed it only has one output for a sub, i was told it would be able 2 power my 2 500watt subs but i was expection 2 sub outputs? is it possible 2 run them ok or do i need a new amp?
sapose its my fault for not doing more checkin up on it lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
you either:

wire both sub +s into the single amp + same with -

or

wire the amp+ to sub1+ sub1- to sub2+ sub2- to amp-

depends on the type of subs and the amps characteristics.

ask the guy u got it off to tell you which

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
there vrx 12" subs not at home so i dont know any more about them at the min

would it do any harm 2 put the subs on parallel or in series from the amp?

and djlee_dj do u mean its not 1000watts? i know it was chattin 2 some one and the said i could run them at 400watt a piece but im new 2 the ice scene so im tryin 2 learn lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
you HAVE to run the subs either in parallel or series depending on the sub loads and the amps capabilites. no other way for it :grinning:

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
yes novapower its not going to pump out 1000w's .... for what ? £60 ?

its 385rms iirc ... i remeber brendy was selling one not so long ago

brendy

RMS Regular
i ran one 600w vrx sub of my amp (all sold now btw)
i just had it running of one 300w channel, my rears were to run of another and fronts of the third channel, the v9 is 2/3 channel and perfect for what i needed mine for at the time.

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
cheers all, so i take it would be better 2 just get a new amp then. any recomendations?

brendy

RMS Regular
i found the amp plenty for decent bass, i had it at very low gain and never pushed it nor the sub to anywhere near its limits and could still get my liver pulsing.

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
lol good enough then, what is the best way 2 connect them? just split them as they come off the amp. or as pablo said "wire the amp+ to sub1+ sub1- to sub2+ sub2- to amp- "

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
not so bad. the next quetion is the biggie.

2 keep the spare wheel or not lol

brendy

RMS Regular
in all the years ive been driving ive never used one, but keep it just in case cause my luck will run out some time im in the arsehole of nowhere needing to be somewhere quickly!!

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
lol yea thats my worry. well cause im buildin my own boot i can exparament to get some way 2 be able 2 keep the wheel.

if i had the money or resorces 2 do it i would take the well that the wheel sits in, remove it and put a clio wheel cage under 2 hold it

pablo

RMS Moderator
novapower said:
lol good enough then, what is the best way 2 connect them? just split them as they come off the amp. or as pablo said "wire the amp+ to sub1+ sub1- to sub2+ sub2- to amp- "

Thats in series - the other way is parallel. not all amps will run 2 subs in parallel so you need to see if the amp supports a 2Ohm load.

or else its series which isnt the best power wise.

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
it says on the magnet 4 OHM so i take it thats no good lol. so woul a new amp be the best option for best sound quality and quantity but of course quality first lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
gimme some more info on the amp - some specs on the web would be good.

but from guessing Id say the amp isnt best suited to run 2 subs.

pablo

RMS Moderator
ok the plot thickens - seems its 3ch. so (Im guessing) you can bridge the front channels for one sub and use the other channel for a sub.

hook one sub to the section marked SPEAKERS FRONT on the other terminals (marked bridge at the bottom).

hook the other sub to the section marked SPEAKER on the far right.

job done :grinning:

well thats what it looks like to me anyway!! :laughing:

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
good stuff cheers pablo, im good 2 go then lol u c on the front and rear input points would i just conect the rear inoutes cause i was thinkin of runnin 6x9s off the head unit but would it be better puttin it through the amp? there kenwood 140w 1 way speakers need more info i could go lookin for them lol

Leefitz

OP
Leefitz
wasnt thinkin lol still recoverin from last nite well im set then lol thanks again pablo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.