Active Deal silverline polisher

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Seems a good buy . Would like one but have no experience using one . Would like to use it for putting on wax/sealant but how easy is it to wreck paint work?

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
I've one as well - no complaints. Basic rotary, does the job - will burn through paint if you dont know what youre at tho

j44nty

RMS Regular
Ive had this one years and still does the job. I did try and burn through the paint on the scrap bm i have at the house and it is actually really easy to do at panel edges. I still find i dont have the patience to rotary a car cause i dont wait long enough for the polish to fully break down or i try and tackle too large an area at once and i have annoying holograms quite often. (@big_pete does that sound right) Still a handy tool to keep in the garage to help soften the car park scratches picked up on a cheap motor.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Rotary polishers are nearly a thing of the past now that long throw DAs are in the market. Shame as it takes much much more skill to use a rotary but modern paint finishes just don't like them :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.