Slieve Donard Indoor Classic Car Show 27-29 Jan 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy55

RMS Regular
IMG_0097.JPG

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Always a great day out for relaxing with the family, dinner and good cars...

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Funny, was just thinking about this one yesterday, wondered when it was on again, cheers for the heads up.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Is there anything worth seeing at this and is there a cost to get in?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is there anything worth seeing at this and is there a cost to get in?

All I know is that this will be at it:
413082229.jpg

Cars are invited to it due to the limited space, and once car has been it won't be back, so it's different every year. They try to get a variety of everything at it, vintage, classic, sports cars etc.

Think it's a £5 donation at the door for Cancer Research.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Trust me its well worth the entry cost, usually a great selection of interesting cars.
I missed it last year but the year before we could hardly reach the building due to the wind blowing us sideways but once inside it was calm and warm. With a good view over the sea.

Its a very relaxed mature crowd that goes to it, and I plan to go myself this year too.
Its completely different to your usual McDonalds carpark get together.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Could be a first, pictures of a show before it actually starts:

413106465.jpg

413106464.jpg

413106462.jpg

413106463.jpg

413106461.jpg

413106460.jpg

413106459.jpg

413106458.jpg

413106457.jpg

413106456.jpg

413106455.jpg

413106454.jpg

Excuse the quality of some of the pictures, was just a quick walk around before I left last night.
45 cars to be at it, everything from a £1 million plus Rolls Royce to a Massey 135 there!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I went last year for the first time and wasn't that impressed to be honest. There were so many people there you could hardly move and the cars were crammed so close together I'm sure they aquired a lot of scratches from people's zips etc. Sure there were some nice cars there but I just couldn't get to see them due to the sheer number of people trying to squeeze into the extremely tight space. I couldn't have taken a single photo like the ones above.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I went last year for the first time and wasn't that impressed to be honest. There were so many people there you could hardly move and the cars were crammed so close together I'm sure they aquired a lot of scratches from people's zips etc. Sure there were some nice cars there but I just couldn't get to see them due to the sheer number of people trying to squeeze into the extremely tight space. I couldn't have taken a single photo like the ones above.

Don't know what time you went at, but what I will say is around lucnh time or shortly after on a sunday isn't a great time to go, usually jam packed.
Granted not the biggest/best show about, but something to pass a bit of time at this time of year!

Bryan

RMS Regular
Don't know what time you went at, but what I will say is around lucnh time or shortly after on a sunday isn't a great time to go, usually jam packed.
Granted not the biggest/best show about, but something to pass a bit of time at this time of year!

An indoor show is certainly a nice idea but they really need more space - a temporary marquee in the rear car park and split the cars out to give a bit more space around them would be excellent. I can't remember what time or day I went to be honest.

Reactions: AMG

Sonny

RMS Photographer

Lots of waiting around for people to move and / or acknowledge you are trying to get a photo... Spend more time doing that than walking around looking at the cars...

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Might take the wife and child up for the day. Got a voucher for the hotel so could bribe the wife with dinner and I get to look at cars lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Hoping to get a look down at it this year. It’s my last weekend before heading back to work so hopefully she’s nothing planned already

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.