Small fun runabout - ideas needed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paul.

RMS Regular
  • EP3 Civic Type R
  • Clio 172/182
  • Focus ST (hard to find for sub-£5k but possible; room to boost it to 265bhp too)
  • BMW 750iL
The last one is very few of the things you've asked for, but they are sub-£5k with a V12 and auto gearbox. You should have enough room for golf clubs and shopping too. I have no idea if they're actually fun to drive but it'd be some craic to track one.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
S4 and 350Z for 'small runabout'? I know cars are getting bigger, but ........................

Well according to Google a 350Z is just pretty much as long as a Mk5 Golf GTI

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Well according to Google a 350Z is just pretty much as long as a Mk5 Golf GTI

Not referring to just body dimensions, I wouldn't class anything with a 3.5 V6 as a small runabout.Think Fiesta/Corsa/Mini

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Cooper S - might not be the fastest when it comes to top speed, but the way it gets there is seriously fun.

loud n low

RMS Regular
Woud be a 197 for me......nothing worse than downgrading cars though,plus,I would imagine a few sniggers behind your back turning up at the golf club if ya showed up in it or anything like it.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
172 or 182 clio, Ive found them a better drive than the 197. 172 cup would be ideal.

Swift sport also a good shout.

Didnt realise Abarth 500s had gone below 5k, definitely need back seats down for golf clubs!

750i or il would be awesome, but as a track car or for b road fun maybe not lol. Clubs would fit in the boot. I know of one with full mot well within budget that id have if I could justify it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.