Some advice please!

What should i do???

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Took the plastic/ vinyl off the door posts today as they were a bit ragged at the edges (from the previous owner parking beside a wall ^o) ).

Would like your advice/ opinions on whether to keep it as it is now (white painted surface) or put on some carbon fibre pillar covers (Real carbon fibre (not stick on imitation stuff).

The old:

P2130047.jpg

As it is at the moment:

P2130048.jpg

And the carbon fibre ones (real carbon fibre- not sticky backed plastic!):

16v_pil_cov_1.gif

Cheers in advance! :laughing:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
left plain is different..

would look nice if the rub-strips and handles disappered too :laughing:

failing that, the carbon is class looking, only if ya have other carbon goodies tho :confounded:

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Nordonian said:
should have created a poll for this thread

Jus did! use are all to quick for me!

slow_assed_clio said:
left plain is different..

would look nice if the rub-strips and handles disappered too :laughing:

failing that, the carbon is class looking, only if ya have other carbon goodies tho :confounded:

Yea im not planning on keeping her (maby another year) so dont want to have to throw too much money at her! Just got the rub strips and handles colour coded and it dosnt look too bad! so thatl do atm. Would like some other carbon bits n bobs (for the looks) but its very hard to find for my car and very expensive to get bits made up!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
only go for the carbon if ya are going for other carbon details, such as spolier, bonnet, those wee things on the corner of the bumpers (forget the name :confounded: lol )

Neil_M

RMS Regular
As its all white... Keep it as it is, or put a black one on, definately not the carbon.

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Thanks for the replies guys! Was thinking white myself but it just looks a little odd at the mo as its obviously brand spankin new paintwork underneath the plastic so its slightly lighter than the surrounding paint but im sure a buff and some super resin polish would sort that out!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I'd put on some new black vinyl tbh, the other two options are whack looking..

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I say white as the rest of the car is white. Just to keep things all the same.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Was it hard to get off? mine looks a little worse for wear, was thinking about taking it off, just wasnt sure what was underneath. why do they put it on in the first place?

RS Darren

RMS Regular
OP
RS Darren
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Not 100% sure why its on there in the 1st place. Maby to protect the paint work as this is were you usually push to close the door or something like that :confounded:

I was surprised how easily it came off. With just a little heat from a heat gun, it peeled off easily and left hardly any sticky residue! which was quickly removed with some autoglym tar remover.

aaron_m

RMS Regular
needs to be black. i did the same thing with my Ka, was very effective i thought. the black stuff is available from any decorating shop and is good for making sunstrips as well....

sidedtms.gif

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I always thought it helped the look of cars is it made the whole side window look "as one"..

aaron_m

RMS Regular
you would be right scrob! most vauxhall GSi models had the black strip, very subtle but makes a car look so much better on the whole

Ruth

RMS Regular
thats a tidy wee ka

I do quite like them black altho white looks ok too

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Put up a few better pics. Prehaps a bit further away to get the whole side of the car in.

Twain

RMS Regular
this shouldnt require too much thought, black vinyl is the only option...nice ka there aaron by the way, the black mirrors look well on it too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.