Supercar Experience Ireland - Nutts Corner - June 25th

chanlon1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M135i/Z4
My thoughts on todays event….

It certainly was an experience. I had signed up to the 1 Car option with the Fast and Furious Nissan GTR.
Everything was very well laid out, I had no prior experience of this setup, so was pleasantly surprised with the way it was operated.
Certainly need deep pockets because there are so many extras that can be added on.
Myself, my son and his friend also paid £69 for 2 passenger laps in the M3 Touring. To be honest, I go more fun out of that than I did trying to power 800bhp down Nutts Corner Circuit.

However, I was diddled of money, all be it £10.
As part of the briefing, they said that for £10, you can get a demonstration lap. This lap is done with you driving at slow pace, the instructor giving you lots of info and allows to get familiarised with everything. On completion of that lap, you then speed up and start your main laps.
Adrenalin rushes, you get slighter better each lap, and all of a sudden the instructor says, either continue on for more laps at about £15/lap, or turn left back to the pitlane as its over.
I decided to head back to the pitlane.

It wasn't till I looked at the video footage that my son took, that I was only out on the track for 3 laps in total.
It should have been 1 demo lap, plus 3 laps.

In the excitement and adrenalin, and the fact it goes quickly, I never counted the laps.

So buyer beware, make sure to count whatever laps you think you are doing or you could be overcharged or under-lapped.

All in all, an experience slightly let down by not getting what I paid for.

Gambit

RMS Regular
It's literally so easy to say yes 1 more lap.

Bring plenty of money 😃 when I was up I think I done an extra 8 laps or something in the mclaren it was class and he let me shoe it on, I said to him I'd happy just sit lapping this thing rather than doing other cars before and he said if you had wanted to do you could have

Defo save the better cars till the last as you'll have better track experience by then and less nerves so they'll let you push on if they are confident enough in your driving

Can't remember if it was 10er or 15 a lap when I done it though 🤔

chanlon1

RMS Regular
OP
chanlon1
Drives
BMW M135i/Z4
It’s very much an up sell from the moment of registration.
T-shirts for sale, hats for sale, photo packages, video packages, reduced-on-the-day-never-to-be-seen-again offers.
It’s never pushed too much in your face, but you could end up spending a decent amount.

What was good that I wasn’t aware of was that friends who tagged along could get passenger rides in the Atom or the M3Touring.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Ah don't mind the upsell I'd take a few extra laps alright. Have 6 laps booked in 2 cars so depending which one I'm enjoying more I might add a couple extra.

It says gates open 7:30am and driving starts at 10am. What time do you actually arrive?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
My thoughts on todays event….

It certainly was an experience. I had signed up to the 1 Car option with the Fast and Furious Nissan GTR.
Everything was very well laid out, I had no prior experience of this setup, so was pleasantly surprised with the way it was operated.
Certainly need deep pockets because there are so many extras that can be added on.
Myself, my son and his friend also paid £69 for 2 passenger laps in the M3 Touring. To be honest, I go more fun out of that than I did trying to power 800bhp down Nutts Corner Circuit.

However, I was diddled of money, all be it £10.
As part of the briefing, they said that for £10, you can get a demonstration lap. This lap is done with you driving at slow pace, the instructor giving you lots of info and allows to get familiarised with everything. On completion of that lap, you then speed up and start your main laps.
Adrenalin rushes, you get slighter better each lap, and all of a sudden the instructor says, either continue on for more laps at about £15/lap, or turn left back to the pitlane as its over.
I decided to head back to the pitlane.

It wasn't till I looked at the video footage that my son took, that I was only out on the track for 3 laps in total.
It should have been 1 demo lap, plus 3 laps.

In the excitement and adrenalin, and the fact it goes quickly, I never counted the laps.

So buyer beware, make sure to count whatever laps you think you are doing or you could be overcharged or under-lapped.

All in all, an experience slightly let down by not getting what I paid for.
As a former instructor here, it would be incredibly easy to miss the fact that a driver is meant to get a sighting.

We would have seen 180 people, per day. It was a truly exhausting job.
Ah don't mind the upsell I'd take a few extra laps alright. Have 6 laps booked in 2 cars so depending which one I'm enjoying more I might add a couple extra.

It says gates open 7:30am and driving starts at 10am. What time do you actually arrive?
Land in at 9 and you'd be perfect.

chanlon1

RMS Regular
OP
chanlon1
Drives
BMW M135i/Z4
As a former instructor here, it would be incredibly easy to miss the fact that a driver is meant to get a sighting.

We would have seen 180 people, per day. It was a truly exhausting job.
180 people who have paid £10 for a lap that was never given…..£1800 ….easy work 🤣

In all seriousness though, I pay for a service and expect something back. If I order a 2 course meal at a restaurant, I expect 2 courses. I don’t expect to be given the bill after my starter and told ‘that’s all folks’.
Food vs 800bhp slightly different…same principle though.

Maybe it was actually my fault for not counting to 4 🤪

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
180 people who have paid £10 for a lap that was never given…..£1800 ….easy work 🤣

In all seriousness though, I pay for a service and expect something back. If I order a 2 course meal at a restaurant, I expect 2 courses. I don’t expect to be given the bill after my starter and told ‘that’s all folks’.
Food vs 800bhp slightly different…same principle though.

Maybe it was actually my fault for not counting to 4 🤪
Should message them and let them know.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I done it last year and to be fair the instructors in the cars I had picked kept a tally for laps etc. didn’t stop me spending another £240 on the day but signed the missus up for laps in the Ariel atoms and it was the best craic.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Thinking about going in July when I get back - good to know about the add-ons and the costs @chanlon1 - thank you.

chanlon1

RMS Regular
OP
chanlon1
Drives
BMW M135i/Z4
Thinking about going in July when I get back - good to know about the add-ons and the costs @chanlon1 - thank you.
No worries.
Don’t feel obliged to get the photos paid for in advance. They have a good setup that allows you to see all photos and video before deciding if you want to buy.

CCVW

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 R32
did this on Saturday, great craic throwing the cars around when the instructor lets you at it, the GT3 RS was unbelievable!

Attachments

• TRK100257_102.jpg
    TRK100257_102.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 45