Talbot Samba Rallye. Now even more pics on page 3!

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
Couple of pics of the current motor.

null_zpsbf67d157.jpg

null_zps2ec062e6.jpg

null_zpsfcfe24d3.jpg

null_zpsc2c652d2.jpg

null_zpsd5132815.jpg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Very nice, good to see another samba about, i know a man has two very Tidy motorsport prepped cars around mid-ulster.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Cool, been waiting on pics of that since you said about it on PNG, when are you hoping to have it ready? What the story with the sierra estate .... Haven't seen one of those in years!

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
What sort of motor is in these? seen a samba rallye locally locked up.
Who do you know has one cormac? It's going to run a 1360 on twin carbs. Every component being fitted is an ex-works Peugeot talbot sport part. Wee thing is going to be pretty when finished. Running a bit behind at the mo, but it should be ready mid to late July.

Inside is completely silver including the full cage (like WRC cars) outside and engine bay in white with blue detailing as seen in pics. It's going to have Peugeot talbot sport colours with red rallye decals.

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
There was a Samba floated around Ballymoney back in the day iirc with a 1.8 in it.....the thing flew.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Who do you know has one cormac? It's going to run a 1360 on twin carbs. Every component being fitted is an ex-works Peugeot talbot sport part. Wee thing is going to be pretty when finished. Running a bit behind at the mo, but it should be ready mid to late July.

Inside is completely silver including the full cage (like WRC cars) outside and engine bay in white with blue detailing as seen in pics. It's going to have Peugeot talbot sport colours with red rallye decals.

A local rally man has one in his shed, didnt get to ask about it when I was in.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Used to be a couple of these done the ni championship and clubman championship years ago. Love the.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
Used to be a couple of these done the ni championship and clubman championship years ago. Love the.
This is one of them. Wee car has been around for a lifetime, ended up in the south for years. Been idle for 9 years before going for full restoration.

FAKER

RMS Regular
OP
FAKER
Drives
loadsa stuff
I remember the last time you got behind the wheel!! Bit more respect needed this time around!! :grinning:

areofall

RMS Regular
My Dad used to have a Rallye, was telling a guy I work with about it one day, turned out he has is now ! Great wee car, looks awesome and rare now.

areofall

RMS Regular
Tell me more fella!

Yea about 20 years ago he bought a really clean one out of Roadside motors in Moneymore, it was totaly standard. He sold it on and that was that, about 6 years ago I was doing a night shift and talking about cars and a a guy told use about his Samba Rallye, turned out he bought of the guy my Dad sold it too. It was tidied up and stored away since but he'll never part her. Had a silver Samba about 6 years ago with really low mileage. Got her in Newtownards for a guy who bought it from a old Doctor, sold new out or Regency cars was really clean, should have kept it, only cost me around £100 if I remember?