Tax Book

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cutie

Hi can anyone tell me if a car from england does not come with a tax book should it take 12 days to get here!! i really don't know about things like that im only goin by wat the car dealer says!!!

Pac-Man

Banned
It'd take more than 12 days! You need to apply for an export certificate now i think if you don't have a tax book, even though its only coming across from England.

Dermot

No... You dont get a tax book for a car from england... Sometimes they Send an Export Certificate, Most of the time they dont, you have to go to the tax office, get the proper form and apply for an Export Certificate.
And it can take anything up to 6 weeks to get the export Certificate from Swansea and as soon as you get it you have to fill in more forms and send the whole lot off to the DVLA in Colraine where you could be waiting a few more weeks for then to send you back a taxbook..

*Edited*

Pac-Man

Banned
Yeah, its all changed now i think. Took the best part of 3 months to get a tax book sorted for an english car recently. :?

Dermot

Pac-Man said:
Yeah, its all changed now i think. Took the best part of 3 months to get a tax book sorted for an english car recently. :?

The Clio? Or the polo? ..lol

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Sounds like a **** load of hastle gettin a car from england.

When i get the fiesta sold i was considering goin to england for a civic, but is it really worth the hastle or should i just wait and get one over here?

Dermot

SteveZetecS said:
Sounds like a **** load of hastle gettin a car from england.

When i get the fiesta sold i was considering goin to england for a civic, but is it really worth the hastle or should i just wait and get one over here?

Thats your Choice... I'll think you'll find Civic prices in England are nearly the same as they are here (Bar the 1.8 VTIS) and 1.6 VTIS's are rarer to get over then than here...
Its something you do your homework on then decide..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.