Taxing a car without insurance?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
The GSi passed MOT today and i'm picking it up on Thursday Night :laughing:

Can I tax it with my current insurance certificate which states that I can drive any car? It says peugeot 106 on it atm

Or do I have to wait till my new insurance form comes sayin Corsa GSi and use it to Tax the car?

In otherwards can I not tax the corsa unless I have an insurance cerf with my name and that car on it?

Cheers Rik

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I'd second that thought. Would have thought your cover note would have to state the car that you actually want to tax.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
you need to have the car that you are taxing on the insurance cert, you'll just have to wait

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Bah Humbug,

They moan so much about people not payin tax then they're fussy when ya try to

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
The car has to be MOTd and insured to get it taxed. Theres no need for tax if the cars not insured cuz it shouldnt be on the road.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
on a similar vein.. a car that's been sorn'd for a while, and now needs taxed, MOT'd and insured, i asume it'l need loaded onto a trailer, and taken to the MOT centre to get a years ticket, then insured, then taxed?

Just on the off chance some loophole allows me to drive it there.... lol!

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
i think you are allowed to drive a car to get Tested if it isnt but only if it is taxed and insured! im not sure

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
thought thats what it was... rats! lol typically it needs MOt'd before i can tax and insure it... aw well!

xspeedstarx

RMS Regular
Drives
X 5 r33 gtr
CarbonKa said:
on a similar vein.. a car that's been sorn'd for a while, and now needs taxed, MOT'd and insured, i asume it'l need loaded onto a trailer, and taken to the MOT centre to get a years ticket, then insured, then taxed?

Just on the off chance some loophole allows me to drive it there.... lol!

As long as the car is insured, you can drive to an mot centre for a pre-arranged appointment. You don`t need tax or mot to get insurance.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
xspeedstarx said:
As long as the car is insured, you can drive to an mot centre for a pre-arranged appointment. You don`t need tax or mot to get insurance.

This man speaks the truth! (y)

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Swapped insurance this morning, so form should be hear on Fri morning same time as the car and can get her taxed

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
some of em can access a database to check ur insured, was that not a new computerised thing? put in place for this situation? depends on wat co. ur with tho, and u'd ave to hit the tax office in belfast, altho if ur registerin it in ur name then u'd ave to do so anyhows :p

PhilG

RMS Regular
i'm in the same boat now. Megane has FULL mot, but no tax, and im not insured on the megane anymore so i cant tax it, which is making it harder to sell.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.