The Grand Tour Season 1 Ep 1: The Holy Trinity (now live on Amazon)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
So Harris' times:
918: 1:53,98
LaFerrari: 1:54,25
P1: 1:53,57

And those of TGT set by Jérôme D'Ambrosio:
918: 1:54,2
LaFerrari: 1:54,4
P1: 1:55,5

The 918 and LaF are remarkably close for two different drivers
Once again, Harris set his time on a flying lap, he was crossing the start finish line at 160mph odd.
Jerome set his from a standing start.

Both tests were back to back with the agreement one would be a standing start and the other flying lap for the very reason that people would not draw comparisons!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Once again, Harris set his time on a flying lap, he was crossing the start finish line at 160mph odd.
Jerome set his from a standing start.

Both tests were back to back with the agreement one would be a standing start and the other flying lap for the very reason that people would not draw comparisons!

The layouts must have been different too then if the times were that close considering one was a flying

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Liked it overall. Some daftness but what car show doesn't have it. Roll on to the next one.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Watched it last night. Great first episode, really glad to have the three amigos back on TV....the American does need to just shut up and drive though.

hippyross

RMS Regular
It was good but I enjoyed watching this 1 year old youtube film far more with the same cars on the same track (probably at the same time) but with drivers that can really drive .................................

The celebrity bit was stupid

I watched that last night, was well worth it.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Watched last night

Thought it was ok, nothing special. Its obviously very heavily scripted with next to no spontaneity or ad-libbing, which is the way TG seemed to go a few years ago
If they could all be a bit more natural instead of delivering a line in their own trademark way and waiting for an audience reaction it would flow much better

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Watched it last night myself, it was ok but got abit bored as the stories dragged on it too much.
Thought it was very americanized and fake, actually prefer the new Top Gear.
Will watch again to see if it gets better, hopefully it does!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
same as last week. Its full on comedy spec tonight so no doubt the moaners will have plenty to moan about
Thought is was just after midnight last week or was it actually earlier?

Not that it matters because I'll be staying out it this thread now till I watch it tomorrow evening lol

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Thought is was just after midnight last week or was it actually earlier?

Not that it matters because I'll be staying out it this thread now till I watch it tomorrow evening lol
It went live early last week too. @Cooper will just have to move these posts in the morning to the ep2 thread.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.