The VR6 saga continues..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alun VR6

Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
I was emailed by the previous keeper of my car over in London yesterday who tells me the DVLA over there has sent him a fine for unpaid taxed back dated to 1/12/05. I however purchased the vehicle before then and applied to register the car and tax it in NI when the previous tax had expired on 1/12/2005.

I gave the DVLA a call to explain this and the girl claimed the previous owner had not informed then of the sale, I then told her that this wasnt true as he had handed the V5 to the DVLA and they had posted the thing to me!! do they have a habbit of posting of V5's to random strangers lol. So she tells me it will probably have to be settled in court..helpful!

I have to laugh.

Alun VR6

OP
A
Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
im guessing it will have to be settled by him not me and he is the one the letters are goin to?

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
yeah, he is the last registered keeper so under the new laws he is responsible for informing the dvla of the new keeper of the car! you should be grand.

Alun VR6

OP
A
Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
thing is he did inform them or else why would swansea have sent the v5 to me

D.T.T.B.

RMS Regular
Drives
celica gt4 st185
if you can prove the swansea dvla sent the letter to you then you will just be a witness for him...wouldnt think it could go much further but would be typical if they dragged it to court time wasting twats

Alun VR6

OP
A
Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
thing is i have no proof of this..that v5 has since been handed to the dvlni when i registered the car over here.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.