Thule Feet spare rubber

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Went to stick the roof rails on the i30 last weekend, and realised ive lost the rubber part of one of the feet.
Think its the 753 kit.

Going to have a look through the garage this weekend (turn it upside down!)

Does anybody know/.have a spare rubber mount for the bottom of the foot?

datsun9292

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
The Rubber moulds usually come as a kit, with the Car Specific Fitting kit. If you to to your nearest halfords, they may be able to order in parts of the fitting kits. OR there was a local place i used to recommend when i worked in halfords, called "Ent Whistle" on york road. Not sure if they are still there, but they were very good.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
Cheers dude, think my dad had mentioned Ent Whistles previously. May have sourced a on fleebay. Maybe get a bell to him at the weekend, dont want to have to spend big money, Paid about £50 odd for the whole kit last year

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Can you make one out of an old camping mat or soft mouse mat? Depending on its shape if course

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
Can you make one out of an old camping mat or soft mouse mat? Depending on its shape if course
nah its an awkward shape, designed to slide of the metal bottom

went and bought what I need today off the net for about 26 for a set of 4 :worried:

Halfords can usually get spares but not the part I needed, Thule wouldnt be able to supply it.. pain in the a$$

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I cable tie my roof bars together, then cable tie the rubber feet to the roof bars, could always see the wee ba5tards going missing

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
nah the way there fixed on youd need the key to get at the feet...

i dont want to risk not using the rubber on the roof, its a 2008 car, if it was a 98 or something old and rust i wouldnt b bothered.. different story with a freshish car :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.