Time period on Prosecution

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Joe Bloggs

Drives
306 DT
Hi all, I was done for speeding on the M2, Its been nearly six months since i was pulled over. Am i right in thinking that if i'm not contacted within the six month period i cant be prosecuted. :relieved:

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Actually, its not 6 months at all. I recieved a summons in November 2005 for something i was arrested for in December 2004 and am going to trial in April 2006.

Joe Bloggs

OP
J
Drives
306 DT
More Info

Here's exactly wot happened, I was traveling up the M2 at 70ish when I got stuck behind a Sunday driver at 60 in the fast lane with no one to be seen beyond vision in the slow lane. So as you do I over took on the slow lane with the boyo's coming up behind watching from a distance, my speed increased to about 85ish. Shortly after I was pulled over and done for not only speeding but dangerous driving. I filled in a form and was told to wait on a court summons.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
It'll probably arrive then, unless the cops have decided not to proceed!

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
There inspector has probably told them to wind their necks in as you were doing w@nk all. Should really have pulled the other buddy in according to your story imo.

Wound'nt worry bout it(y)

jamesy

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Joe Bloggs said:
So as you do I over took on the slow lane with the boyo's coming up behind watching from a distance, my speed increased to about 85ish. Shortly after I was pulled over and done for not only speeding but dangerous driving.

That is bad luck. Fair enough on the speed thing, but theres no need for dangerous driving for under taking. Seems a bit harsh.

Ron

RMS Regular
CapMan said:
Actually, its not 6 months at all. I recieved a summons in November 2005 for something i was arrested for in December 2004 and am going to trial in April 2006.

cap man was it drivin related?

ive something undriving related atm, cop told me i would hear from him within a fortnight. 2 months on and still nothing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.