Todd's Sparkling Graphite BMW E92 335d M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Absolutely fantastic looking car.

Are the LCI lights plug and play or do they need coded? Never seen them fitted to an early model before, nice touch.

Do you know anything about the audio in these? Can DAB be retrofitted easily?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Where did you source the lci's from? And what's the real benefit of the carly, what would you use it for mostly? It's a very different car from the dc5. Must say I prefer the bmw though, nice car

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Looks dam good to me, just leave it as is(y)
Thanks! I think I've done everything to it that I planned to when i bought it. Just starting to fancy a change.

Looks well, just noticing the new reg
Thanks dude. It was an impulse buy. The old one is on retention.

Nicest one wheeler ive ever seen. Would love a rip in a mapped twin turbo. Were did P2MCS go?
Cheers Lynnsy. How's things with you? Anytime your up this direction give me a shout and you can take it a run. P2MCS is on retention. Just fancied a change.

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Absolutely fantastic looking car.

Are the LCI lights plug and play or do they need coded? Never seen them fitted to an early model before, nice touch.

Do you know anything about the audio in these? Can DAB be retrofitted easily?

Thanks Lyons, appreciate it.

The LCI lights need a harness and then coded. The coding is simple, just deactivating voltage monitoring for different parts of the tail lights which is possible through the Carly Adaptor. A lot of guys on E90 Post fit them. I think it really freshens the rear of the car.

To be honest I know absolutely nothing about the audio in these. It's not something I've ever looked into. I think DAB can be retrofitted to models with iDrive. Not so sure about the BMW Business Audio. I tucked a bluetooth receiver into the arm rest, that plugs into the aux port. Doesn't take up much room and allows me to use Spotify through the phone which keeps me happy.

Where did you source the lci's from? And what's the real benefit of the carly, what would you use it for mostly? It's a very different car from the dc5. Must say I prefer the bmw though, nice car

I sourced them from German eBay. They came complete with harnesses. The Carly adaptor was a bit of an impulse buy but I've coded a few things for different people now. Basically diagnostics and turning different features on / off.

If you take a look on here it shows some of the coding possibilities.

Code BMW - What is possible with Carly for BMW

It is a complete different car from the Intergra. The Integra would been a lot more fun to drive, but the BMW is a great all rounder and is a good bit sharper than the Intergra. The BMW is harder on fuel too. Smiles per gallon! haha.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Never thought of German eBay;) I'm after a full set of lci's for my e61. Might invest in the carly. Looks like a handy wee gadget that would come in handy. Does it also show fault codes? Does the adaptor fit many different models?

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Never thought of German eBay;) I'm after a full set of lci's for my e61. Might invest in the carly. Looks like a handy wee gadget that would come in handy. Does it also show fault codes? Does the adaptor fit many different models?

Some bargains to be had on German eBay. I think the Carly Adaptor is around 40 or 50 Euros. You get a free version of the iPhone App but it doesn't let you do much. The full app is around £40. Yeah it shows up fault codes from each individual module etc. DPF Regens, Parameters, Battery Registration etc too. You're welcome to give mine a go to see what you think. As far as i know it fits most BMW's as they all share the same OBD Port.

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Thanks for the offer, I'll maybe take you up on that. Did you buy it directly from the carly site?

No problem, anytime. You ever in Ballymena direction? Yeah I bought directly from the site.

Car looks really well, nice subtle mods (y)

Thanks Gibbo. It's the little things that make the biggest differences.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
No problem, anytime. You ever in Ballymena direction? Yeah I bought directly from the site.

Thanks Gibbo. It's the little things that make the biggest differences.

Thanks for the offer but I have one on the way now. I knew if I had a tinker with yours I'd only buy one myself anyhow. So ordered it at lunchtime there.lol

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Good man. For all they cost you might aswell. If you don't like it, I'm sure you could sell it for what it cost you.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I was going to get it put on a diagnostic anyhow so that would have cost me half the price of it. Thanks very much for the offer tho

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
That's very true. Might aswell buy it and do it yourself. No problem at all!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Did I spy you on the Lisburn Rd this afternoon:rolleyes:.
Thought I recognised the plate:rolleyes:

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Did I spy you on the Lisburn Rd this afternoon:rolleyes:.
Thought I recognised the plate:rolleyes:

You did indeed. I recognised your plate, then instantly thought it should have been a red car. Took me a second to remember you have a new one!

It's a lovely colour in person!

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Nothings changed lately. I've just been driving and trying to keep it clean.

The wheels were over due a good clean so I removed them last night.

Washed using Bilberry Wheel Cleaner then wiped down with Eraser before applying Gtechniq C5.

Brakes got a quick coat of paint to freshen them up.

MOT is due in next few weeks, so going to give it a service and replace the rear brake shoes.

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Sorry for not reading through your whole thread but did you fit led halo bubs to this I am looking to buy some at the mo for the e93 but want reliable ones others have used. Cheers

I bought normal halogen H7 bulbs (iirc) that were supposed to be white. I fitted them but they were no different to the OEM bulbs so took them out again and have been using the OEM bulbs since. @m5lvyn linked me to a decent set that he had used but they were out of stock when i tried to purchase. He may be able to give you better info on the LED bulbs.

This is the set he linked me to: CREE ULTRA BRIGHT WHITE NO ERROR 100W DTEC H8 LED ANGEL EYE BULBS BMW V9.5 | eBay

J55NI

RMS Regular
Looks great seen this a few times in Ballymena?. What sort of MPG do these achieve? :grinning:

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Looks great seen this a few times in Ballymena?. What sort of MPG do these achieve? :grinning:

Thanks, yeah you would have. I work and live in Ballymena. What do you drive? Averages around 29mpg.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira

J55NI

RMS Regular
Thanks, yeah you would have. I work and live in Ballymena. What do you drive? Averages around 29mpg.
Just a wee daily runner at the moment . Seen it a few times and always thought it looked smart :grinning:

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I haven't completed decided yet, but i might put the 335 up for sale soon. If anyone would like any detail's send me a message.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.