trackdays for beginners

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Is there such a thing as going for a trackway 'lesson' so to speak.

I've literally just passed my test this year, I've maybe 3/400 mile experience. id like to do a trackway, but think id benefit from someone giving me some tips and pointers.

any help is appreciated.

cheers

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
Woolsey Coulter runs tution at Kirkistown. Think his next date is 11th May. Have a search on FB. Woolsey Coulter ART.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
I did my first trackday with Woolsey, good craic and well supervised. You get a bit of tuition too. The green group on the Sunday trackdays at Kirkistown can get a bit hairy, especially if it's your first time out.

McCallen's trackdays at Bishopscourt are great but pricey. Track is fantastic and I think it's the only way you can get a blast round it without a race licence?? I was wrecked after the first session due to the couch potato fitness regime though.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
My dad and I organise private days at kirkistown every month mate. Usually mid week and every level of experience. No more than dozen riders on track.

Pm me if interested sure.

happy days wouldnt mind getting to a few of them. as you say the sunday ones can be brilliant but maybe not for newbies.

if your heading down creanie and im on the same one il give you a tow round and at least show you where your meant to be.

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
My dad and I organise private days at kirkistown every month mate. Usually mid week and every level of experience. No more than dozen riders on track.

Your dad was trying to get me to go on one on my last bike which was a sports tourer, I was too scared though. Does he have a wee scorecard in the workshop with everyone's times?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Your dad was trying to get me to go on one on my last bike which was a sports tourer, I was too scared though. Does he have a wee scorecard in the workshop with everyone's times?
No comment lol..... Yeah in his work shop although he doesn't maintain or condone it lol. More banter amongst customers who go. You know he has moved premises now?

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
No comment lol..... Yeah in his work shop although he doesn't maintain or condone it lol. More banter amongst customers who go. You know he has moved premises now?

Where has he moved to, the house ? He did say he was wanting to move. Haven't had the bike down this year yet

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
No just round the corner beside ards mot centre. Handier wee spot and more space for bikes etc.

Gixer6

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr600

Mate is your da Stephen.ive done a few of his but I never know when they are on or I'd do more.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Was up on Sunday, but was a waste of time and money, got 2 sessions in before the rain. Not an option when it's wet on a road bike....even if we did trailer them up

Didn't even know there was a private one on today..... Did see pics of one on on Monday though...Who organising these and when Rob?

Could we use this thread to keep updates on the private days?

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
today was a total hoot, im not sure who sorted todays one but gixer6 on here told me it was on. i think possibly Da.smurf or his dad maybe run it.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Anybody on here down at kirky today (wednesday) what a brilliant day was had even if it was a tad windy..
That's one my dad has organised...

I've been working a lot recently so he has fair bit more to do with them now.

Heard it was a Good day. Didn't get outta work myself this time

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
That's one my dad has organised...

I've been working a lot recently so he has fair bit more to do with them now.

Heard it was a Good day. Didn't get outta work myself this time

ah cheers. was a great day have to say. some sore looking rear tyres at the end of the day lol.. keep us posted when they are being run cause id go back again.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Is there a Facebook page etc that announces them or just inner circle member/friends of friends type thing?

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
Is there a Facebook page etc that announces them or just inner circle member/friends of friends type thing?

im not on facebook and only heard last min but il let your know if i hear when the next one is. it was a lot more relaxed than the normal sunday ones and you could come and go as you wanted.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

Group a friends buddy. Was initially started for a group of fellas who had no interest in going 'hard' with other riders and for a bitta craic etc. Word often spreads about them lol. We've had bsb team show up for sneaky testing before lol...

It's a tough one cause I'd love to invite all on here but that would kinda destroy original point of them and some of our boys are on in years and just enjoy the relaxed attitude and track time. maybe if there was enough interest I could run one for rms?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.